If you want to chill out just stay at the Masons Arms for a few nights. This lovely public house is in one of the most peaceful locations that I have ever visited on my travels. The village where it is situated is small, and just a walk away is the most marvellous beach with its own restaurant. If beaches are not to your taste, take a walk in the surrounding countryside where wildlife is abundant and paths are maintained to take pushchairs if you have children.
The hotel itself has a separate location within the grounds with a row of quaint cottages set with outside seating amongst amazing flower beds. The cottages are up a set of steps so that you have commanding views from your room of the surrounding countryside, or you can stay in the main hotel itself.
The food is amazing, some of the best meals that I have had on my travels have come from the Masons Arms.
My advice is just try it, I am sure you go back there, I do!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England