Booked in for 3 nights as we were wanting to do walking on South west coast path. When booking we noted check in time was from 15.00 so we e-mailed to ask if we could arrive early , leave our car in car park, do our walk to Seaton and back and then check-in. E-mail from pub came back quickly to advise that we could certainly do that. large car park at the pub so plenty of space for everyone. Young lady on Check-in was delightful, professional and very welcoming. showed us to our room and offered to help with luggage. we had booked a small room but it was fine for our needs, clean, good hospitality tray, lovely toiletries in bathroom, big towels, mini bath/shower fine for us. Bed maybe a tad firm for our liking but a minor detail. we had booked a table for our meal and enjoyed the most delicious roast pork dinner and subsequent dinners were also very good. Breakfast was delicious, lovely sausages and good bubble and squeak. good selection of cereals, fruit juices, fresh fruit, croissants, cold meats and cheese as well as cooked options including a good vegetarian cooked breakfast. All staff polite, attentive and professional. lovely bar with real ales some very local, roaring log fire, no noisy juke box or pool table but a typical olde worlde village pub where people meet, eat, drink and play cards. a very friendly, peaceful ambience in the bar and in the village as a whole. Cottage rooms can be £180 a night but our smaller double en-suite found on line was only £60 reduced from £80 a night so we bagged a bargain in a most charming pub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England