We have just been to The Masons Arms at Branscombe and we had a lovely visit. We had found this hotel on Booking.com and contacted the hotel. When we arrived Clare in reception said for the same price they had upgraded us and let us stay in a double room in the cottage which is seperate to the pub. The room was great and it faced the beautiful Devon hills (see photo). Branscombe is a lovely, quiet and peaceful village and we would love to come again just to get away from the crazy world that we live in.
The room (number 7) had a Kingsize bed and a small flat screen TV. There were tea and coffee facilities and the bathroom was huge having a walk in shower and bath. The room was lovely and warm. The only negative thing was you could hear the occupants in the room upstairs when they were walking about and chatting. I think they were just loud and wore lead shoes on their feet.
We had stayed 2 nights. The bed was comfortable and warm with lots of bedding.
The gardens surrounding the cottage were well kept with lots of flowers. There is a hotel car park with lots of spaces.
The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. They valued us as customers and it was really felt. Sadly someone had backed into my car and the hotel staff came and found me to let me know what had happened.
The pub was lovely with a large open fire that never went out. We didnt eat in the pub except the breakfast. The food seemed overpriced. The breakfast was nice. There was plenty to eat and definately filling. The only negative thing aabout the pub was it didnt have comfortable seats. I made a suggestion to the pub that they get sofa's and comfortable chairs then visitors may stay longer. By 9.30pm there didnt seem that many folks in the pub. The staff in the pub were great and so very helpfull.
There is no internet connection in the rooms but there is in the pub. We managed to connect to NETGEAR isp and this was extremely fast. Mobile phones will not connect whatever provider one has but there is a phone in the rooms that is cheap to use.
I loved this place and we would come again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in the heart of Branscombe, one of Britain's most picturesque villages, is the award winning, 14th Century, The Masons Arms. This charming thatched Inn dates back to 1350 - a cider house turned country pub - and the men who cut the stone for Exeter Cathedral drank here, hence the name. With only a leisurely ten minute stroll to Branscombe Beach, The Masons Arms offers an ideal base to escape the stresses of modern life and enjoy the magical vista of sea, beaches and the spectacular walks offered by the ninety five miles of Devon and Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The authentic interiors ooze character with timber frames, low beamed ceilings, pine cladding, whitewashed walls and a huge roaring log fire. Our award winning Restaurant offers an exciting and creative menu in relaxed fine dining surroundings. The Masons Arms kitchen brigade are dedicated to sourcing the very best of local Dartmoor produce. The cooking is classy yet simple, perfect for a special meal or relaxing Country lunch. We serve as many as six locally brewed bitters and the finest wines from around the world. The 21 bedrooms at the Masons Arms Branscombe, are cosy, stylish and inviting, blending comfort with character. The Masons Arms has been awarded a FOUR STAR rating under the Inn category by Quality in Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Masons Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masons Arms Hotel Branscombe
- Masons Arms Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Hotel Sidmouth
- Masons Arms Branscombe, Devon, England