Tripadvisor
Mickleham

“cant even be bothered is their attitude”
Review of Bankvale Run

Bankvale Run
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Mickleham
Description: Passionate and Fresh, Situated on the historic Marnong Estate site, Bankvale Run is the namesake of its past as the largest Land Holding in Victoria. Originally home to WIlliam John Turner Clarke and latterly the Famous WIlliam Angliss. Gorgeous views out to the Macedon Ranges, makes this the place to be for intimate dinners, family gatherings, special occasions, a wine or cocktail in the bar or relax with an espresso and cake in the lounge. Bankvale Run greets you with friendly smiles, good food, great service and home grown wine.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Would not recommend wedding department they need better staff representing this premises! Basically turn away thousands of dollars of business due to not being more accomodating or maybe would I suggest you get more staff to handle wedding enquires ? Took 3 days to reply back to me to view the place once again!! I’ve looked at 4 venues so far and they were nothing but amazing to deal with, marnong has been the worst ... the attitude is like they don’t want the business .. turned me off having a wedding there if this is how they treat enquiries. So glad I never booked here.we did eat here last week as well the food is ok but way overpriced for what you get

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank NiKi K
Write a reviewReviews (75)

Reviewed December 2, 2019

Hi have been to this venue with a small group for a birthday, which was nice. Food was nice and venue lovely.

I have attempted to book with a large group twice now and we have ended up booking elsewhere.
Anyone looking to book for a large group - DO NOT BOOK HERE. Management is so disorganized returning emails and phone calls and allowing our group to order from the ala carte menu not the shared menu.

After 5 phone calls without a response I'm finally giving up on Marnong Estate.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2019 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant quite a few times since moving to the area, but usually dined without making a reservation and with groups of up to 4 guests. The management and staff were always welcoming and friendly, so I would give 5 stars for that.

The food and ambience are the main reasons for going though. Their seafood (especially the oysters) and meat (especially their steaks) have never disappointed. Along with their vegetarian options like the gnocchi. Absolutely delicious!

However, the reason for the average rating is for the horrible event coordination. Having been an events manager myself, I know how much juggling is involved and that time management and communication both play a huge roles. I've never experienced the total lack of care that I had when choosing to host my fiance's birthday here. It took 5 days for my initial enquiry to get a response and another 7 days to get a response to my reply but that is only because I had to call (I had sent 3 emails & rang requesting a call back in the meantime). Once the ball was rolling, the responses got a little better but not great. Along with the lack of communication, the runsheets that were sent were incorrect and days before the actual booking, I had noticed written on the updated runsheet a $250 deposit was required. I know how bookings work, if informed at the start that this was a requirement then fine, but to not even point it out in the many emails and phone calls, is just a lack of effort. Luckily we came to a compromise on this. If we weren't already fans of the restaurant then I would've definitely given up by the 2nd email.

The actual dinner was fine. We were only a group of 20 adults which is why I'm surprised it was so stressful to organise. There was a wait of an hour between entree and mains but once we asked our waitress to send the mains out, it all came out pretty quickly. We had compliments on the food, especially the steak and barramundi. Thank you to the kitchen for being the saving grace of this.

We were overcharged, but once I emailed through, there was a refund.

We will be back and keep giving good feedback about this place but I only recommend for smaller groups. Which is a shame because we were considering hosting our wedding there.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2019

Service here on our Thursday night was very bad
after 15 minutes waiting actually went to bar to order drinks
we had just finished our mains and was told bar was shutting
Don't take bookings for 7.30 if you are going to shut the bar early
it was a family's birthday with several interstate guests who were disappointed that we didn't get much time together before they closed
pizzas were burnt on the bottom .Not at the usual standard we have come to expect.
most the guests were disappointed after we had been raving about how good it was

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 2, 2019

Marnong Estate is such a beautiful venue, with its rustic barns set against the scenic views of Macedon Ranges, mixed in with the well kept gardens and the modern Bankvale Run restaurant. With each visit we are always greeted with friendly smiles from the staff and the food is always delicious - especially the wood fire oven pizzas! There's no better way to enjoy a meal with Marnong's own wines while enjoying the views. All these things about Marnong really set it apart from any other venue and so we decided to hold our wedding ceremony and reception here - it was the best day of our lives! All our guests, vendors and suppliers were blown away by every part of the venue and had nothing but kind words to say about its staff. We couldn’t have found a better place to get married and it will definitely be our go to restaurant for special occasions or for when we just feel like indulging ourselves with delicious food!

Date of visit: October 2019

Been to Bankvale Run? Share your experiences!