Tripadvisor

Add it.
The Village Green
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Mulgrave
Reviewed January 21, 2020

The Village Green has been around for yonks and I have often seen them advertise the buffet. I decided to try it for dinner as the rest of the family were away. The full price is quite reasonable, given the quantity that can be consumed, and with a senior's discount is very reasonable. The fare offered is probably the same as any pub buffets around town with a lot of deep fried foods and a carvery. There were Asian choices as well as a selection (which were unexciting) for vegetarians. There was also the obligatory dessert area with pavlova.

I thought I would sample many small things rather than a couple of majors. Pumpkin soup was OK but I guess is out of the can so difficult to mess up. This was followed by a mix of vegetarian vegetables and a couple of other entrees. I selected roast pork from the carvery. It was very tender and a reasonable gravy and roast potatoes made a good roast. The selection of cooked peas and carrots was unexciting. The pavings to finish off ended a quite reasonable inexpensive dinner.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (6)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I went here for a dinner and show. The show itself was outstanding so no complaints there. Hotel organization in general was pretty ordinary. It was advertised as 6.30pm start for 8pm show. We got there crack on time, only to have to wait 30 minutes, then queue to be allowed in. Then we sat and waited...waited...waited for meals to be served, which comprised mains and dessert. Serves were small, no bread was offered and I was starving afterwards. Then we sat and waited...waited...waited again for the show to start, which it finally did at 9.30. A smoke machine was belching out smoke that left a few of us coughing. Given we’d just come through a horrible week of extreme bushfire smoke giving Melbourne the worst air quality in the world, it seemed a little odd. Even odder was that my husband didn’t have a drop of alcohol all night as the queue for bar service was ridiculously long and he couldn’t be bothered waiting in line. I was lucky a friend let me share her bottle of wine.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 20, 2019

The central bar and grill at the Village Green is the quiet alternative to the Village Feast in the same building. Fairly standard "pub meals" menu - the chicken parma (300g) was good and the rest on the table ordered the ribs and slow cooked lamb shanks had no complaints.

The serving staff is polite, but can get overwhelmed when busy,

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 10, 2019

We enjoyed an excellent buffet lunch with friends.
Great Food. Very reasonable price including half price for a Buddy.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 12, 2019

If they had attentive staff experience would be ok
Little to zero organization in bar area
Didn’t know what rose was,also didn’t have any wine glasses ,a 20 minute wait.
Further bar staff just look at you to serve don’t bother talking to you! A disgrace
No thanks ,slam the change on the bar
I suppose no other pubs in the area
Food ok for a pub