“Exciting things ahead for this little gem across the river.”
Review of Delilah's Place

Delilah's Place
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Nong Khiaw
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 14, 2013

On a bike ride around the town we passed Delilah's place and popped in, the owner had just taken over so was not fully up and running in the kitchen at the moment but promised if we came back for breakfast the next day we wouldn't be disappointed and i'm pleased to say the breakfast "fresh fruit, yogurt & muesli" were quite honestly the best and most varied i'd had so far in Laos.

I'd be happy to eat my breakfast here every morning, the muesli i had was 20,000 kip so it was cheaper than most places in Nong Khiaw, it has a different vibe to most of the other places, floor seating, outside seating, large tables for a group or for socialising, tonnes of games to play while you eat and relax but still had that homely feel with the ambient music lightly playing in the background. The owner spoke of his plans for the place all of which sounded great and i'm sad i won't be around to see them come to fruition.

The food is grown from local farms (organic) around the area and sourced from Luang Prabang, I had a great muesli consisting of apple, raisin, pineapple, watermelon, papaya, banana and homemade yogurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon really set this place apart. The coffee also comes in huge glass mugs so it's worth the walk and the money. Go to this place, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Run by a great guy who cooks the best omelette and chips (fries) in Asia... Actually double cooks the chips the way they should be done...

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place is on the town side of the river and the night I went I was the only customer, the meal I had was a Lao curry and it was good, one of the better places I ate in Laos. The beer was cold, as for ice in beer, it's how they drink it locally.
The girl in there seemed to be the only person working and it must be awful to open and have no one come in, most tourists seem to stay the other side of the river for food.
Mind you, it was very quiet in town generally, most people I met were just passing through and spending one night here.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We ate our breakfast here on our walk to the boat ramp. Service was really slow as one person was doing all the cooking, waiting and cleaning tables. The bathrooms were okay but not super clean and the garbage was overflowing, and as I walked by the kitchen on my way I noted the kitchen was filled with flies hovering over open food containers - I hadn't seen that in other restaurant kitchens we'd been in during our trip so far. Food was okay, but nothing memorable. I probably wouldn't go back again, given the other restaurants available.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed three days two nights in Nong Kiau - definitely the best restaurant in Nong Kiau we have tasted. Food tasted good, prices are reasonable, restaurant looking clean and the open kitchen concept kinda good as we get to see the condition/cleanliness of the kitchen - which was quite clean.

If you are staying in Nongkiau Riverside Lodge, cross the river towards the post office - the restaurant is just opposite the post office, next to/nearby Tiger Trail tours/green discovery tour.