“The cosiest place in Nong Khiaw”
Review of Delilah's Cafe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nong Khiaw
Delilah's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 10 Nong Khiaw B&B and Inns
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“The cosiest place in Nong Khiaw”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Delilah's place ist just lovely and will certainly give you the home from home feeling! Adorable Kiwi Harps who is running the place will try his hardest to fulfil all your wishes. His dorm is very comfy and clean with brand new beds and he also has the cosiest private room ever! Food is yummy and his apple crumble is to die for!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Colombo, null, Sri Lanka
Reviewed May 4, 2014

It pains me a little to write this review - I hate writing negative experiences, but I feel this could be useful for other travellers.

(I also think the guesthouse may have changed substantially from when Paul, the reviewer below me wrote his review. I visited in April, 2014).

The Accommodation:
Delilah's has one private room and one dormitory. The dormitory has one large double bed and three bunk beds. The dormitory itself is beautiful and cosy - comfortable beds and a lovely atmosphere. I stayed once in the dormitory and once in the private room - both beds were exceptionally comfortable and a lovely temperature.

There is an attached restaurant with delicious (if slightly pricey) food and drinks - as well as a wonderful range of delicious cakes and pastries. There is a really nice area to relax in with free wifi and an evening documentary.

There are two shared bathrooms - both are an excellent standard and have nice hot showers. There is also a laundry facility for a reasonable price.

The accommodation itself was lovely and somewhere I would love to recommend. However, I will include why am saddened to write this review.

The owner, a guy from New Zealand was just very inappropriate. When I arrived, he was very drunk and leered over me, staring at my legs and asking me what sports I played to have such good legs. He continued to stare and make comments on the rest of my physique. While I think of myself as a pretty tough person, this could make some female travellers feel really uneasy.

As he continued to drink, he started to pester other females to accompany him to the local karaoke bar, brandishing them as 'boring' if they said no. He then had a very loud argument with his girlfriend on the phone, making everyone feel a bit awkward.

The next day, he was hungover and clearly had no recollection of the incident. He was grumpy and started yelling at all of his staff in front of the guests, again making everyone feel really uneasy.

I figured it was a one-off and returned a week later. Unfortunately similar incidents occurred.

It is a great shame because aside from the owner, the guesthouse and the rest of the staff are very lovely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lucy H
London
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Okay if you have gotten this far on your trip you must be adventurous so I am going to expect you know the drill.

This place is far far from luxury you will ever get. Our "room" was plywood on all sides. The "bathroom" was a bucket and yet we had free wifi!!! ha ha. Plus it turned out we had taken somebody else's room and he had to sleep on a mattress in the hallway! We became friends anyhow. But who cares, we had a room for the night when there were none available and we were in chilled out Laos.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple