“We became part of a birthday party”
Review of Soggy Peso Bar

Soggy Peso Bar
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in San Carlos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The original beach bar in San Carlos. Fresh seafood, great paninis, cold beer, margaritas and live music. A family tradition.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Love this place!!! It ended up being a birthday celebration for the gal that sells jewelry on the sidewalk. I was so impressed with the owners putting out a great potluck for her and birthday cake. We took a picture of all their staff and the birthday girl and her daughter. We also had a great piece of bday cake. I watched this young woman cry with gratitude, I wonder if this is her first birthday celebration at age 29. Thank you for including us!

2  Thank StillDreaming

Reviewed September 8, 2012

A simple, cash only palapa bar and cafe on the beach. Live music on weekends. The only place to sit and people watch on the beach while sipping margaritas. And be sure to order the BEST guacamole in San Carlos!!!

1  Thank daveg6777
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a great, lazy little beach bar that one could spend hours at and lose all track of time - and I mean that in a good way. Cold drinks and decent bar food, I always look forward to my next visit!

1  Thank WakeAnderson_SC
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Soggy Peso, on Algodones Beach, just north of San Carlos, Sonora, has to be the best place to go relax, enjoy, eat, drink a favorite drink, visit with the best staff, enjoy the beach and swim, listen to incredibly good music, buy Mexican artisanry in the world. Now I know I tend to exagerate, but from what I can see, people from all over San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico, U.S. and the rest of the world seem to agree with my evaluation. The wait staff is the best I have ever experienced. They greet you every time that you go as if you were their best friend or a member of their family. Actually we feel like we are members of the Soggy Peso family. Their chips, guacamole and refriend beans, a favorite of my husband's, are the best anywhere. Their selections of food are not wide as it is a beach bar, but they have plenty of selections that I love. My favorite is their freshing cracked crab on a tostada, only 35 pesos. One fills me, when I order two, I am too full to eat both. Their Margaritas are truly the best in San Carlos, actually far too good. Now on that subject, I know that I could get into a debate since San Carlos restaurants, La Palapa Griega, Charlie's Rock and others do have wonderful Margaritas. One of the most beautiful beaches is right in front. You can watch all the wonderful water activities including on a windy day, the Kite boarding. The young people come from Hermosillo on a windy day and give quite a show. Can't say enough good about the Soggy Peso. If you go there you will never forget it and won't be able to wait to return.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is not a place you go to for the food . . . they have a very limited menu with good ceviche. But it is the place to be to watch the sunset!! Located literally on the beach, and they frequently have bands playing in the late afternoon, early evening. Once the sun goes down, the band stops playing and the crowd leaves very quickly. Always a fun, friendly, international group of people, and the staff is wonderful. It's a MUST stop destination in San Carlos.