“Outstanding”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Carlos
Condo-Hotel Playa Blanca
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in San Carlos
Kelowna, Canada
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Location, location, location! Fantastic accommodations, very clean and excellent helpful staff. We spent 5 weeks at the Playa Blanca in Jan/Feb and we will certainly return again. All units face the beach and are extremely quiet. Just love the San Carlos area and all that it has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for the 14th floor............fantastic views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank John T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We just got back from our trip over MLK weekend to San Carlos, we stayed only two nights at Playa Blanca. This is a beautiful condo hotel. The best part was the incredible view of the ocean.
Because this was our first time here, and we went in the off season, we didn't know that the jacuzzi would not be hot, the water was just below warm, maybe around 70 degrees. And the hotel bar wasn't open, as the hotel occupancy was also minimal through the off season.

The bathtub water pressure was very low, and took too long for the tub to fill up. The bed was firm but not too hard, comfortable for me, maybe not as much for someone else.

I do look forward to returning to this hotel in the summer, and the warm pool and hot jacuzzi water for future diving.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DoubleDaz
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was our first time to stay at Playa Blanca. It is located on the Catch 22 Beach and the view of ocean and mountains captures all the beauty of San Carlos. We were in Condo 404 - a one bedroom condo on the 4th floor. The Condo was clean and well stocked for our brief stay. We did not like being right by the elevator - each time someone exited the elevator and walked by our room the lights would glow brightly right into the bedroom so our sleep was disrupted throughout the night. They may want to consider blackout drapes instead of wood blinds that do not fully close. The air conditioner was extremely loud and vibrated through the rooms. The property is well maintained and we would like to try staying there again if we could get another condo. The staff were friendly and allowed for a late check out for all of us divers so that we could shower before departure.

Room Tip: Other guests advised us to request a condo on a higher floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathleen B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in October this year. We had a one bedroom unit on the 14th floor. The unit was well-equipped and has two bathrooms. The complex was very quiet while we were there, with maybe only 3-4 units occupied. You Conan hear the music from the beach bars on weekend nights, but this ends about 8 pm. The ocean has a sandy bottom right outside for swimming. The pool is large and well-maintained. The store in the building stocks beer and basic snacks; you will have to go into town for groceries.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sconnieboy
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

VERY nice place! This is not your typical Mexican hotel - Playa Blanca are condos which people own & rent out so the décor and furnishings vary. The beach is private, the beds and towels were clean, kitchen fully furnished, every room is spacious and has a beautiful ocean view. Located on the North end of town, no onsite restaurant but they do have a bar, it is also walking distance to the Soggy Peso (a fun beach bar) Would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: High floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mikele F
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

San Carlos and Playa Blanca supplied me with a hassle free scuba diving experience. Playa Blanca is located on a beautiful and very usable beach with white, soft silica fine sand. Only a stumble away from the Soggy Peso and Bonifacio's both bar restaurants are a must not miss while here. The staff were very friendly and helpful but need to sharpen up on their English as they were pretty weak in that department. I wanted to know if the room had a safe (which it did not) and they just could not quite interpret my concerns nor did they ever answer my question. Because they thought I was requesting another key to the room as one of the keys did not work. They answered my "do you have a safe" question (after about 15 minutes of them trying to understand what I was asking) with we only have 1 key for your room. I gave up trying to communicate as it was obvious they had no clue as to what I wanted. I never saw a safe so I can report there is not one. Our unit had a huge Master BR with all the frills, jacuzzi, huge walk in shower, a 2 sink vanity with tons of space and cabinets, a huge walk in closet, a patio just outside the sliding doors and a lifeless second BR with 2 single beds The difference between the two rooms was actually worth a lot of laughs. They should have made the 2nd BR at least respectable. The room had no black out window treatments and the sun was rising @ 5am and blasted through the window with blow torch heat and a glare from the sun that would not allow you to get back to sleep. My dive buddy complained everyday that he couldn't sleep because of those conditions But he never made an attempt fi correct that problem. Hmmm. I felt bad for my dive buddy staying in that room. I offered him the room for days 3 + 4 but he was adamant to stay where he was. I would have jumped on that offer! This room was definitely not what I was wanting but next time I will know to clarify before I arrive there as the Hotel was booked

Room Tip: Do not get room 1103!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nick K
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Being a frequent traveler to Mexico, I need to know what to eat and where to stay. Playa Blanca meets both of these needs. The rooms are luxurious - and seriously compare to 5 star quality by US standards. Plenty of room in the bedroom and living room means no one feels crowded - and the view from the patio is fantastic. The kitchen is well equipped but missing some items that would make an extended stay more pleasant - additional cups and glasses, a cork screw/bottle opener and a better dish selection are all pluses that should be added to a very beautiful condo.
The water in the shower was plentiful and hot, and the toilets flushed without issues - something travelers to Mexico can appreciate, since many other facilities seem to lack in these facilities.
A short distance down the beach is a quaint restaurant-bar, the Soggy Peso that provides live entertainment and beach front service and seating.
I will stay again at the Playa - it met all my expectations and more!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
#2 of 7 in Guaymas
Sea of Cortez Beach Club
Sea of Cortez Beach Club
#2 of 5 in San Carlos

Been to Condo-Hotel Playa Blanca? Share your experiences!