“Simply the best over all experience in San Carlos”

Bonifacio's Cotton Club
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in San Carlos
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Fusion, Mexican, International, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beach front restaurant with unique and fantastic view settings. Signature eclectic cuisine and decor where textures, colors, and flavours are harmonically conjugated with an inspired hint of our beautiful mexico. We also offer bar food and our traditional seafood, very appropriate when enjoying the beach in a cool and natural atmosphere.
Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico
“Simply the best over all experience in San Carlos”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

It was wonderful to see a restaurant with a touch of class and glamour. There is an informal beach bar - lounge area overlooking the ocean with gazebos, chase lounges and palapas. Inside there is a private salon for parties and an eclectic main dinning room with panoramic ocean views. Last but not least, what can I say about the food, simply the best San Carlos has to offer, my wife tried the shrimp tacos and I had lobster (both were fantastic)...I truly recomend it as a must visit

• Visited June 2012

Hermosillo, Mexico
“Wonderful location, beautiful views, impressive layout.”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Bonifacio's is a beautiful restaurant. It's elegant. Fancy. The views are incredible. It's on the beach with unparalleled sunsets. On some nights they have live music. This has always been a wonderful experience.

My wife and I have eaten there about a dozen times since its opening a few years back. We generally don't regret the lunches and dinners we've had.

There's a few reasons why we don't rate it 5 stars (yet).

The service provided by the waiters is generally horrible. That's pretty standard for Mexico. But then, so are 10 peso tacos. I don't mind bad service when I'm spending a a few dollars, but I rarely leave Bonifacios without spending at least around $50 per person for food and drinks. I'm guessing they pay their staff next to nothing, because that's about all you get from them. I noticed other reviewers mentioning a similar experience, so hopefully the management will make an effort to change this.

The food is often superb. But not always. I've had everything on the menu and many items more than once. There is an inconsistency in the way the food is presented, as well in the taste. However, I would say I am more often pleased than disappointed.

Unquestionably, Bonifacio's is the nicest restaurant in San Carlos or Guaymas. Nothing else even comes close. Prices are high, but not even remotely close to an expensive restaurant in the States. Despite the poor service, it's worth visiting.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank nomos
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
“restaurant by the sea”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

their food id good , the place is clean and prices seem a bit high , San |Carlos is a retirement place and many seniors do not have tons of cash, its worth a visit

2love2hike
“Trying to be fancy”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This restaurant has been remodeled since a big hurricane 2008. It is very large, has a great view, very secluded with the ability for significant romance. We were there for New Years Eve and just not impressed by the food. Langostinos were over grilled, steak mediocre. I think the better place for less money is soggy peso next door

Visited December 2011
2 Thank AdventureForward
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food, great entertainment”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This wasn't the very best meal we had in San Carlos but it was very good. Service was so-so, particularly given that they were nearly empty. The entertainment, however, was top notch and I understand that they have live entertainment nearly every night. Since we were there after dark, I can't comment on the view. It must be spectacular thought as I've been to the bar next door and can judge from that. Overall I would definitely return but not before I've tried several other places. Good, very good, but not great. Worth a visit for sure.

• Visited January 2012