“Great Vacation Spot”
other travelers have booked this property
Comfortable spaces for relaxing or entertaining
The main living room with gas logs Comfortable seating and reading material under the 'crux boveda' ceiling.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Comfortable spaces for relaxing or entertaining
The main living room with gas logs
Comfortable seating and reading material under the 'crux boveda' ceiling.
Open-plan living for dining and eating, adjacent to the outdoor living area.
The dining area and kitchen, which lead to an outdoor living area.
You can cook in the kitchen, or hire our cook for a small fee.
The fron of the home. The curtains around the outdoor living area sway in the breeze.
The main level living areas flow into each other.
The rooftop terrace - a great place to get away or enjoy the sun.
Another view of the rooftop terrace, or azotea.
We spend most of our time in the outdoor living area.
The outdoor dining area, with a gas grill and access to the water slide.
The private pool, with its waterslide from the outdoor living area.
The master bedroom, with a king bed, desk area, gas fireplace and ensuite bath.
Each bedroom has a lighted boveda ceiling.
The ensuite bath, connected to the master bedroom.
The green room, with two twins. They can be made up as a king bed.
Another view (with better exposure) of the green bedroom.
The rose room, with a single bed and a trundle for a sleepover.
The rose and green bedrooms share a tiled bath.
The Mexican Modern TV room, with attached half bath.
Sunset view from the outdoor living space.
We have a Yamaha scooter. Park anywhere in town without a hassle!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
LightPack...
“Great Vacation Spot”
Reviewed December 6, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Beautiful home with some great, Mexican decor and art. The view from the terraces is lovely (yes the garden opposite is a building site and they have dog roaming around but the view beyond over to the mountains compensated and the dogs were pretty friendly and did not cause us a problem. The house keeper is lovely and super helpful. She is also a great cook. My kids loved the tiled (secret bathroom) and the slide! The neighbourhood felt very safe and it was easy to get to and from the property in Taxis and a short walk into town. The climb back up is steep but fun and we used it to burn off all the delicious food we ate on our trip. So glad we picked this place and plan to return.
Great book collection too!

Dec 7, 2016
Thank you very much! We would love to welcome you back.
beagirlie
Denver
“Nice Large Home in SMDA”
Reviewed April 10, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

This SMDA home is large and very pretty, the patios are excellent, impressed by the well stocked kitchen for "cooking in". House in in need of updating and paint inside/out. The view directly across the road is very disappointing, a half finished home that is in shambles and the ravine is filled with garbage, and the neighbors also had a pack of very aggressive dogs. The highway directly above has major truck jake break noise. Norma the manager was excellent in responding to a small problem we had, Amalia the maid is SO nice and accommodating, as well as the drivers recommended by the owner. Next time in SMDA we would rent something closer to the Jardin, the walk down to the square is pleasant but the uphill walk back is pretty grueling, we usually hailed a cab back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: stocked kitchen for cooking, patios
Liked least: View across dirt road, traffic noise, 2nd bath downstairs needs remodel, kitchen sink area needs replacement
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 25, 2016
Um, thank you? A little? I'm glad you liked the staff - I know of no better in San Miguel. Also - Norma, my house manager - can handle any problem. And I pay her to do that. This is not a feature you find in all, or even most, San Miguel rentals.
On to the other stuff. Needs updating? Needs painting inside and out? I wonder how many times you have rented in San Miguel. My house has more conveniences than the vast majority of homes, especially in this price range. Please check my list of amenities. And painting? I just don't get it. It makes the house sound like a dump. Construction was completed in 2009. This criticism flabbergasts me.
I am always very clear about the fact that the walk up is tough. Casa Colina means House on the Hill. I walk up because I like the exercise, but I tell non-walkers that they will want to call a cab.
Dogs and the house across the street - this is part of the non-romantic part of Mexico. They do have noisy dogs. Viscious is an overstatement, to be sure. The entire neighborhood wishes that they would clean up their act, but there is little we can do. Eso es Mexico.
I think you would be happier closer into town. And you will find that the rent you paid will not afford you anything like the space, pool, staff OR amenities you found at Casa Colina.
446loisd
“Great place to stay in San Miguel de Allende”
Reviewed December 20, 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed with 3 friends. The place is large enough that everyone had their own space. The beds and linen were excellent. We felt safe there with the alarm and locks. The fireplace in the living room was very much appreciated as the weather was cool. The decks were very private and pleasant in the afternoons. Alex is very good about responding to questions and gave us a referral for an excellent driver. Amalia, the maid, was very accommodating, pleasant, and trustworthy.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: all of the beds and the fireplace in living room
Liked least: could use some updating
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 25, 2016
Thank you very much! I did work hard to furnish the home with quality beds and linens, (I bring them from the US for the better quality,) plus comfortable furniture in general. That fireplace really does make the house cozy, doesn't it?
Amalia is just wonderful. I'm glad you liked her.
Thanks a lot for your review!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing