“Wow”

Casa Maricela
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Wow”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wow, I cannot say enough good words about our hostess Maricela and her staff . The views were great, the meals were wonderfully prepared for breakfast and lunch and very traditional. She even gave us a light lunch to take on the bus when we returned to PUerto Vallarta. Her B & B felt more like a welcoming home with beautiful furnishings and a huge birdcage with many colorful finches. And she was so sweet and even gave my wife two of her many African violets as a gift.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank DennisCHP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Casa Maricela's is a charming meticulously clean B&B owned and operated by señora Maricela who is welcoming and engaging in every way. I must say I felt right at home here and just 2 short blocks to the Parroquia and Plaza principal. The food is to die for and two meals are included in the price. Cable TV, WiFi, and very comfortable beds are inviting after a day of walking around the San Miguel terrain! She has a fabulous rooftop patio with a million dollar view. I just can't say enough! All in all, it made my visit to San Miguel a perfect one.

4 Thank Palindromeda1111
Vancouver
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at Casa Maricela. Location , location ..... very handy to all the sites in the historic area of SMA. Very good restaurants just steps away. The accommodation was clean and included breakfast and lunch. The property is safe and secure. The terrace on the roof top area has great views.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Pv_Langosta
Springfield, IL
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My annual visit to Casa Maricela was curtailed by need for hernia repair. I usually visit for 3 months or so in the winter. A painful experience convinced me I had to return home even though I had just began my visit. Surgery at home was performed and I was healthy again in a short time. Maricela and her staff made my departure as painless as possible. I packed only essentials and left the next day. Remainder of baggage I left behind. My stay at Casa Maricela and beautiful San Miguel has been my winter refuge for the last 10 years and I can hardly wait for return in November. Gracias Maricela for your help and compassion. See you soon.

Room Tip: 3rd level units are nearest the roof patio where one can view the city and mountains on the horizon...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Spflddon
Houston
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Casa Maricela's for four nights in March for the first time and simply loved everything about our stay. From the home cooked delicious meals to the beautiful terrace to a very helpful and caring hostess Maricela herself, you cannot ask for a better place in all of SMA. We highly recommend it and look forward to our next visit there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ajay M
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Casa Maricela for four nights. Marecila keeps the place immaculate and clean. She is very helpful with info of the area and suggestions. She also serves both breakfast and lunch which were both delicious The location is great you can walk to any location in the old town. I would recommend this place to any of my friends

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chuc43
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at Casa Maricela for 11 days at the end of October and early November and enjoyed it very much . The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the meals are delicious , The beds are so comfortable and the rooms are cleaned top to bottom everyday .
We enjoyed the rooftop terrace ,and it must have one of the best views in the city . When I was researching places to stay ,fabulous views usually meant having to climb hills or take a cab but we were about a 10 minute flat walk to the Jardin .
We have visited other colonial cities in Mexico but San Miguel is In a league of its own . It has such an ancient feel about it and on Maricela's rooftop ,with the traffic etc .unseen you are transported back hundreds of years .
The streets in San Miguel can be challenging to navigate so make sure to wear comfortable and sturdy shoes and the evenings can be quite cool so warm clothes are needed .
Many thanks to Maricela ,her staff and our fellow guests for making our trip so enjoyable .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple