“Great Year After Year!”
Review of Casa Maricela

and 1 more site!
Casa Maricela
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've stayed at Maricela's wonderful B&B five times and it's always delightful. The excellent location near the Jardin (but on a quiet residential street), the fabulous rooftop terrace, the clean and comfortable rooms (each with private bath) are all definite pluses. But what sets this place apart are the two fabulous meals served each day in Maricela's lovely dining room. Breakfast includes fresh juice & fruit, yogurt & granola. Then there's a hot dish and excellent coffee. Lunch is equally delicious: homemade soup, a main dish that's a regional specialty, something yummy for dessert. Maricela makes sure every guest is lovingly cared for in her home. Her warm hospitality makes everyone feel welcome (and well fed!)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Chelsea42

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Just got back on Monday, June 4th after a 8 night stay with Maricela. It would have been a pleasure just to meet her, and I'm so happy I had the opportunity to stay in her home. I went with my friend, who had stayed there before and really loved Maricela and everything about her home. All I had to do was pack my bag and follow! I've stayed in B&B's before, but this one you really do feel like "mi casa es su casa."
Maricela would grace each meal with a lovely smile and always be happy to help with spanish language and share helpful hints and rich history of San Miguel. I especially am grateful in that one day I was feeling sick, they surprised me with chicken soup, how thoughtful and sweet!
OH, did I mention fresh squeezed orange juice en la manana???

I especially enjoyed the rooftop garden with such lovely panoramic views.

I felt perfectly safe, and comfortable, great beds and lots of hot water... I really didn't want to leave behind this lovely home and all the culture that spills out from every corner!!
I hope I can return to Casa Maricela some day soon!!

mil gracias Maricela!
virginia f

Room Tip: number six opens to lower roof- All rooms have ceiling fans
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Virginia F
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a perfect B&B for San Miguel and very reasonable in price. Maricela and her hard-working staff serve a full breakfast and lunch, and their warmth and pride and hospitality are evident in every detail. The location is perfect (3 blocks from the Centro and the Jardin and other historic sites) and 3 blocks from the best park for exercising or taking in nature near the center, Jardin Juarez. It's also on the same street as La Parroquia restaurant and El Buen Cafe and only 3 blocks from La Crepe, all outstanding places to have dinner, breakfast, lunch, or coffee. To "top it off", the rooftop is high enough to see all over San Miguel yet comfortably shaded. From what we could see, it is one of the best rooftops in the entire town. Maricela treated us like family, and was even willing to give me hour-long Spanish lessons every afternoon as well as serve special requests for breakfast or lunch from her repertoire of dishes. Everything she and her staff prepared seemed to be locally grown and was fresh from frequent trips to the market. We were a little concerned that mid-May would be too hot or too rainy, but the cross ventilation in our room and the afternoon clouds that came up (very few actual raindrops) kept us comfortable. I wouldn't stay anyplace else in San Miguel, and the price, including two full meals, was well within our budget.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PA610
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our fourth stay at Casa Maricela's. Each time we go, we stay a bit longer. This visit we stayed for 11 nights. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly by Maricela and her staff. It felt like we were family. Maricela truly opens up her B&B to her guests as if her home is your home. We always feel welcome there. Included in the price of a room are two scrumptious, home-cooked meals - breakfast and a large midday meal. The food is always fresh and healthy and the conversation around the table is usually interesting. Maricela (who speaks very good English) joins us for all the meals and uses mealtime as an opportunity to get to know her guests and for us to get to know her. She has lived in San Miguel all her life and is a great source of information about the city and what it has to offer. Next to the delicious meals, my next favorite part of staying at Maricela's is the rooftop deck, which offers amazing views of the city, surrounding mountains and sunsets. I have traveled extensively around the world and recommend Casa Maricela as one of my very favorite places to stay anywhere!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 wonderful weeks at Casa Maricela and we look forward to returning
again soon. Maricela & her staff are always very friendly and very helpful. All the positive reviews we have read about Casa Maricela and San Miguel de Allende are true. And it`s a very safe place to enjoy the wonderful weather there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Aaron W
Reviewed March 16, 2012

A home away from home. Maricela will take care of you in every way. The location could not be more perfect, on a quiet cobblestoned block only a few minutes from the Jardin. Rooms are small but perfectly appointed with everything from flat-screen TVs to hair-dryers and down comforters. Rooftop terrace is the icing on the cake with a view to die for... Breakfast and mid-day meal come with the deal and the food is delicious; any quirky diets are grciously accommodated. Wonderful supportive ambience. Go!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms have more light.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank emme-travels
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was our second stay at Casa Maricela. It is a fantastic B&B in the heart of San Miguel de Allende, 2 blocks from el Jardin. Maricela's house is like coming home. It has all the amenities of a beautiful home, nice furniture, flat screen television, DVD player and wireless Internet. The best part is the meals, a wonderful breakfast and a 3 course comida (lunch). The menu is different everyday and always delicious. Maricela is a terrific hostess and truly makes you feel like part of the family. It's no wonder her guests come back time after time. I can't wait to return again next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple