“Best Texas food in town”
Review of Cafe Mesones

Cafe Mesones
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 12, 2015

After living in SMA for over a year and a half I have been missing my food from Austin. Someone told me about Leslie Shane Millsap's restaurant on Mesones, Cafe Mesones. My wife and I went this past Saturday night and was struck by the picture poster of Kinky Friedman- I knew then and there they had to have chicken fried steak. They did with great gravy and mashed potatoes. This quaint restaurant has a great bar and a wonderful menu selection. Hard to decide between steak, fried chicken and meat loaf. Shane met us and made us feel at home in his living room and told me he gives everyone who visits the first time a free dessert of cake/ice cream. The dessert was worth the visit alone ( just tell him you are a newbie). Really enjoyed the service, atmosphere, and the food. My wife and I left feeling full and satisfied. So if in SMA and want a little Texas comfort food go to Cafe Mesones.

Date of visit: November 2015
3  Thank Gary W

Reviewed November 7, 2015

Cynthia and Shane open their doors and hearts to wandering ex-pats and curious Mexicanos. Great hospitality! Great comfort food! Smaller dining areas make cosy and intimate feel. I love their meatloaf.

2  Thank Marco_Johan
Reviewed October 14, 2015

Cynthia's quaint little cafe shouldn't fool you, it has THE BEST American style "Home Cooking" we have EVER had in San Miguel de Allende. It's just off the main square in SMA.

2  Thank John R
Reviewed October 9, 2015

ok,this is my third review of this place and all three were an excellent experience.this time i decided to do the BLT on a recommendation from a friend.this sandwich flat out rocked.the bacon OMG was as thick as my shoe soles and so damn delicious.i very highly recommend it and for only 95 pesos.can't be beat.if you want to eat good homestyle grub,come here.

1  Thank skipholmes
Reviewed September 16, 2015

Charming place and food was great. Owner's on site and involved and wanting to maek everything perfect. Pour a great glass of wine too! Food was very good, I had the chicken fired steak, fabulous! My daughter is vegetarian and they made a sandwich for her special and it was good too. Loved it.

Date of visit: September 2015