“Love the food, definitely would advice to come here”
Review of Cafe Verintort

Cafe Verintort
Cuisines: Russian, International
Description: This is a place with the Russian atmosphere. Here we serve breakfasts and crepes lunches, there is also Borsch soup. At Russian Bistro Verintort we make delicious desserts with Russian family recipes. You can enjoy some delicious coffees or artisan teas with the slice of cake. To order we make other dishes of Russian cuisine Welcome!
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Delicious food, handmade pelmeni was amazing! And the best cakes in Mexico I've tried! Vera is very nice host, I learned a lot about the city from her.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed January 28, 2019

This is a very cozy, small family-run restaurant, with delicious Eastern-European food and deserts. We had a delicious borscht (hot soup, but the also have a cold variation for summer days), pelmeni (Russian version of meat ravioli), chicken and mushroom filled blintzes (similar to crepes), and a wonderful Napoleon cake with cappuccino for desert. The food was tasty and prepared to order. The cake was wonderful, and the service friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this place!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed March 27, 2018

If you are going to visit San Miguel de Alende in Mexico, don't miss the Verintort place! It has not only the russian charm in decor - samovar, matroyshki, books, the dolls from russian cartoons, but also amazingly preserved russian taste of food! Borsch, pelemeny, vareniki, pirogi with cabbage or potato and so on... Vera( the owner) makes the best cakes in the city! You should try. Thank you, Vera for food, for hospitality, for conversation!! We definitely will be back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Verintort, Propietario at Cafe Verintort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thank you very much for a good comment! Always welcome!

Reviewed March 21, 2018

This is a fantastic place I found with my friends while being on a trip to San Miguel de Allende. What a surprise this was. So delicious cuisine feels like home. I'm from Europe.

Besides borsh, plov or pelmeni, VerinTort (which means Vera'sCake) serve spectacular cakes of all kind. For example, the other day I had NAPOLEON cake, and it was so great!

You can find some attractive decorations like matryoshkas, balalaika and also posters of Russia. Such a nice place. I love! I will come here again and again!

P.S. did I tell you there's a free wi-fi and they accept credit cards? =D Not every cafe can provide this, but VerinTort is the best!

Date of visit: March 2018
Verintort, Propietario at Cafe Verintort, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Thank you Daniel! Your welcome!

Reviewed March 3, 2018

I'm never disappointed with Vera's Borscht. It comes with pumpernickle bread, a small potatoe salada, sour cream for the soup, and more. Her cakes and pastries are legendary!