“good for body & soul” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sagrada Boutique Hotel
nyc
“good for body & soul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

This was one of the best spa/retreat experiences ever! I have previously been a guest at Rancho la Puerta and Rio Caliente, but Sagrada was the most affordable and most relaxing of all three. As well, the yoga/pilates instructions were expertly taught, taking our various levels in mind. Meals were delicious and plentiful and in the tradition of vegan (some fish, too). Treatments were excellent: acupuncture and massage (one of my choice was complimentary).
The staff was caring and sensitive to my needs. I expect to be a repeat visitor each chance I get! JM

• Liked — views and the feel of being in the desert; almost like camping, but with exercise and meals!
  • Disliked — no compalints
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Miguel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

Such a magical place...it is hard to describe in words. I didn't want to leave and I can't wait to go back. Best thing i have done for myself in ages.

Stayed August 2007
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

My mother and I serendipitously stumbled upon the Sagrada website while looking for a relaxing and rejuvenating way to celebrate her birthday – and we found it! Between the flexible yoga schedule (no shame in opting out, but plenty for those who are up for it), extraordinarily beautiful surroundings, elegantly designed rooms, delicious meals and good company, our four days at Sagrada flew by. The yoga on our retreat was instructed by Nicole Currie, who brought to each class a solid classical training and fun spirit, seamlessly blending ideas of her own with our energy levels. Scott and Eva are wonderful hosts and amazing cooks! As someone with dietary restrictions, I was very pleasantly surprised by just how considerate our hosts were – I was even introduced to some delicious new options. All in all, I can’t recommend Sagrada highly enough; like the rest of the group my mom and I were sad to leave and determined to come back!

• Liked — Location and aesthetic
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

This little gem won't be a secret for long. The family just opened their doors for business this year, and once the retreats become more regular, this perfectly designed and managed oasis in the hills above San Miguel de Allende will be booked to the gills (so go now!).
Nicole Currie's Pilates and yoga retreats are just enough work to keep you challenged but not so much you feel you're cheated out of your chill time. Architect Scott Currie's buildings create comfort and serenity, and Eva's food, drinks, acupuncture sessions and serene presence complete the circle. This is a unique, affordable, rejuvenating get-away, which I can't recommend highly enough.

• Liked — beauty, comfort, serenity
  • Disliked — that i had to leave it
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

There is something absolutely lovable about a retreat that offers you a delicious cup of coffee in the morning and an equally tasty margarita at sundown--and that in between, boosts your spirit with yoga twists and stretches, high desert wanderings, and hammock-induced revelry. And I know we are not the first to mention those dogs, those rooms, that food! We were thoroughly charmed by Sagrada and quite sad to say farewell--like leaving a good friend.

This was our first yoga retreat, and, in fact, my husband's first attempt at anything yoga, and we both thought the trip a huge success. He loved it for the relaxation, the rooms, the desserts; I, for the yoga and pilates, the vistas, and those drinks! And there was so much to mutually enjoy--the architectual tour of San Miguel, the hikes to the ridge, and yes, (again!) the affection of a good ol' country dog.

Hailing from the Northwest, we often return from our vacations with a certain smugness about our remarkable mountains and forests, our fabulous Seattle home, but not so this vacation! San Miguel is quite a contender. We'd certainly return to see more of the city, and more of Sagrada!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
San Migule de Allende
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

I hope you are as lucky as I was and get to spend some time in this Mexican paradise.
I attended a Yoga/Pilates retreat with Nicole Currie. I wish I was still there and definetly plan on making it a yearly retreat.
The food is unbelivably good and fresh and made with a ton of care and love.
If you are thinking of a retreat I hope you attend any of the retreats the Sagrada Wellness Center holds. It is an experience you will treasure.

• Liked — The views, the food, the people
  • Disliked — The flies and mosquitoes
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

Recently spent six days solo at Sagrada and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The peace and tranquility of the property was palpable from the moment I arrived. I stayed in Mesquite and my tent was well constructed, immaculately maintained and cozy. Scott and Eva were wonderful hosts and tried hard to make my stay an enjoyable one and the evening Scott escourted me to town was a memorable one. Must mention that Scott's famous Margaritas are the perfect accompaniment to the gorgeous sunsets. As a certified dog lover, I became fast friends with the pets who kept me company whenever I was on site, especially the protective Maxine. Early morning yoga with the impressive view over the valley was a superb way to start the day and the evening saunas are highly recommended. Special mention must be made regarding the meals which were lovingly prepared and delicious. Scott and Eva obvioulsy enjoy cooking and the fresh ingredients resulted in delicious offerings. There is lots to do in the area and La Gruta and Pozos made interesting diversions. San Miguel itself is not only picturesque but the bars and restaurants are too numerous to see in a single visit. All-in-all this was one of the most relaxing trips I've ever had and Sagrada is the ideal setting if some quality R&R is your priority.

Stayed March 2007