“A Mind, Body, Spirit connection in Mexico”

and 1 more site!
Sagrada Boutique Hotel
LA
“A Mind, Body, Spirit connection in Mexico”
Reviewed December 22, 2006

I found my time at Sagrada to be nurturing, and rejuvenating. The place has a healing energy that can be absorbed by all who stay. I went for the Winter Solstice Retreat which for me could not have been more perfect. To get away for a bit from the holiday frenzy and focus on internal healing and physical health was an absolute treat!

The yoga over looking the valley and the sunsets is breathtaking. The yoga teacher we had, Nicole, really knows her stuff and she is a compassionate and focused teacher. Her background in dance and yoga work to provide classes that are sensitive to each person’s unique body type and capabilities.

The owners of Sagrada, Scot and Eva, have gentle spirits that combined with their expertise and intellect in their areas of strength such as Chinese medicine and architectural design, allow one to trust and know they are under the right care. Scot and Eva have added so much personal touch and detail to their retreat center and continue to add more as they expand their dream. I really felt like I was a part of something very unique and special. For example, my roofless bathroom allowed for privacy but yet I could shower and look up at the stars. Very cool!

The food we ate was amazing as both Scot and Eva are fantastic cooks. It was all so healthy, fresh and delicious! I especially appreciated the fresh herbs that were used in all the meals creating flavor and balance that is just hard to come by. Scot’s margaritas with fresh lime juice from his trees are out of this world. The dinner conversations and friendships that were established added meaning and connection to all those involved.

The retreat allowed for plenty of time to journal, read, meditate, nap, hike, receive a treatment, sit in the sauna or visit the town. I did it all, and loved the flexibility of being able to make it all work.

Finally, it is obvious that Scot and Eva have such respect for the Mexican culture. Their relationships with their employees, Pia and Jaqueline demonstrate respect, professionalism and friendship. Jaqueline even taught us how to make a traditional Mexican holiday drink that I can’t wait to try with my family!

I strongly recommend this trip for anybody who is craving Mexico, yoga, healing, new beginnings, love and laughter!

Stayed December 2006
1 Thank sunshineLa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 1, 2006

I heard raves about Sagrada Wellness from a friend who is a regular yoga retreater and thought I’d give it a try. I get bored on beach vacations so I always planned hectic vacations in big cities - Sagrada taught me what a vacation really is! My first morning at Sagrada I woke up to the most beautiful morning light and the ranch was peaceful and so beautiful I was instantly relaxed. After a few days of yoga and hiking and great dinner conversations with the other guests I was completely refreshed. The complex is wonderfully designed, the buildings are modern and clean but not cold, because they are built with traditional Mexican building techniques and decorated with antique furniture and local handicrafts. The owners live on site and took great care of us. I will definitely return.

• Liked — the design - especially loved our personal outdoor fireplace
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — make sure to have the owners book your arrival to Sagrada from your train or airport
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TravelsWithFriends
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Friends of mine on the retreat circuit told me of a friend of friend who was opening up this fantastic wellness center. Since I was in Mexico City for a business trip, I thought I'd go and spend a few days in lovely San Miguel de Allende. I couldn't believe what I saw when I arrived in the campo! Eva and Scott own Sagrada and they are just 15 minutes outside of the city. It's rustic with the modern amenities that rival that of the Four Seasons I stayed at in Mexico City just days earlier. Food was fantastic, loved the yoga, the spa treatments--pure bliss in the glorious high desert of Mexico. For those like me, looking for a getaway from their hectic, urban lives, I highly suggest you and your friends get together and spend a retreat weekend doing yoga, spa treatments and just enjoying the luxury of Sagrada Wellness.

• Liked — modern architechture, clean facilities, accomodations are part of the beautiful landscape
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — book ahead. contact sagrada and ask them to help you with travel arrangements
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank travelandfoodie
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed October 28, 2006

I visited Sagrada Wellness on the recommendation of a friend and had an amazing experience. Located just outside of the city center, this beautiful retreat set in the foothills of San Miguel de Allende, offered me the relaxation and rejuvenation I needed before returning to the grind of life in Los Angeles. The owners, Scott and Eva, were incredibly hospitable and made me feel as if I was home away from home. Sagrada’s resident pooches, especially Maxine the German shepherd, escorted me as I explored the beautiful property. I stayed in La Fonda, a modern yet rustic cabana designed by Scott, who is an architect by trade. It was exactly the perfect combination of clean, elegant style and rustic charm. While there I took a few pilates and yoga classes in their amazing exercise space overlooking the land. I highly recommend a visit to this lovely retreat. Happy travels!

• Liked — relaxation, friendly owners, homey atmosphere, beautiful setting
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple