“Ahh... Paradise...”

Sagrada Boutique Hotel
Chicago
“Ahh... Paradise...”
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Over the last ten years, I have traveled around the world, combining two of my pasions; practicing yoga and checking out new locales. Rarely has the combination been as phneomenally successful as my trip to Sagrada Wellness in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. The owners, Scott and Eva (as well as Nicole, George, and Carmen) were incredibly welcoming and immediately made me feel part of the family. The views were phonomenal; the food absolutely delicious; the service excellent; and the accommodations first-rate. For me, what truly distinguishes Sagrada from many other places I have been is the attention to detail and the loving care Scott and Eva put into every aspect of the business. For example, on my first day there, Scott realized that I only drink decaf and was kind enough to go into town and buy some instant, decaffeinated coffee for me. Also, unlike other places I've been, the attention to detail extends all the way from the cleanliness of the room, to food preparation, to the quality of the linens and towels - all aspects that affect the quality of one's stay. Further, the yoga instruction and spa services (massages) were also excellent. Nicole is a fantastic yoga instructor who can cmfortably teach students at any level and Veda is a terrific massage therapist. All in all, my stay at Sagrada was everything that I wanted it to be and more. I left there rejuvenated, eager to return, and feeling as if I truly made friends that I would keep in touch with long after my stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Around the world
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I was looking for a place to relax and disconnect for the new year. Sagrada was it! It was a wonderful experience and the ideal place to ring in the new decade. Extremely clean with delicious healthy food (including good wine). The yoga and pilates classes with Nicole were outstanding and the yoga room is spectacular. Definitely a great place to medidate and unwind. We stayed in the twin Cabana (perfect for friends) near the yoga room which is lovely, but it did not have an ensuite bath. The bathroom was right outside though. If you prefer to have a bathroom in your room then I would suggest one of the other 3 gorgeous cabanas. The architecture truly honors the history and surrounding environment. Highly recommend Sagrada.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
aliciasmusic
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Being at Sagrada has changed my life for the better. Permanently. I plan on returning there as soon as possible! The food is amazing and the architecture is stunning. It's so comfortable there and after one day you won't want to leave. The schedule provides plenty of time to yourself with plenty of time still dedicated to getting centered. The view from the yoga temple is breathtaking and trust me, you WON'T want to go back to your tired old yoga class because is just wont feel the same!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2010

La Sagrada was the perfect balance of beautiful vistas, nourishing food, peaceful and crisp architecture appropriate to its native context, activity and rest. My husband and I had only a week to escape, and we were amazed that it was enough time to leave rejuvenated (though we wish we could've stayed even longer). Scott, Eva and the staff went above and beyond to ensure I was very well fed, even with my gluten and dairy intolerance. Nicole taught multi-level yoga and pilates classes with elegance, poise, and clear skill. My husband arrived to Mexico thinking he would skip all the yoga classes on the retreat (and only do pilates) and returned to the States quite the opposite: within the first week home he attended four yoga classes! We were delighted by our entire experience, are happy to highly recommend La Sagrada to others and look forward to returning some day in the future!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I could write paragraphs about Sagrada Wellness, but you should experience it yourself. I went for a family gathering and would go back again. Plenty of cabanas to stay in and all of them have fun and unique qualities. The staff and owners are amazing hosts and make the stay very comfortable.
At the risk of sounding like a magazine article I just have to stay Sagrada is amazing. Give it a try!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Sagrada Wellness is a wonderful retreat if you're looking to enrich the body, mind and spirit. The beautiful setting is tranquil and provides so much for the senses. The delicious yet healthy food, wam people - owners and guests, and great daily yoga and pilates make this get-away a must do! You will feel rejuvenated from the experience. d from Toronto.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
nyc
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I attended Sagrada Wellness for their yoga/pilates retreat, both exceeded my expectations. In addition, there are wonderful walks and hikes through the hills of the ranch. Near enough San Miguel de Allende for lunch or dinner, but you may not want to. The food at Sagrada was so much better than in town. Really exceptional, fresh food. Great magaritas and good wine and beer. My room was very comfortable, cozy. The staff in addition to Scott and Eva go out of their way to make you feel at home. I highly recommend this place and will return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo