“Wonder hotel and centrally located”
Review of El Meson Hotel

El Meson Hotel
Houston, Texas
“Wonder hotel and centrally located”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at El Meson during Labor Day weekend and had a wonderful experience. The staff went over and beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was comfortable, every request that I had from additional towels to tape was was delivered quickly and always with a smile. Breakfast every morning was delicious, regardless of what you ordered but be prepared to stuff your face as they give you hearty portions and for me it's hard to leave food on a plate.

The pool area is beautiful as it is full of lush flora and a warm pool. We had bought some cheese at the local market and the bartender at the pool bar paired it nicely with a bottle of wine....thanks for the recommendation guys it was the perfect combination.

We stayed in deluxe room and it was very comfortable. The only thing I can say is that I wish the shower were larger and that there was more counter space for all my makeup and other products...I'm a woman so I have many products.

The location of El Meson is ideal as it is a 2 minute walk to the center of town and right across the street from one of the best bakeries in town "Petite 4". We never had to take a cab anywhere as we were within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CocoRocks77433

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I just came back from a trip in San Miguel. We were going for a wedding of a friend of ours and the entire wedding party stayed here. We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. The hotel staff was very accomodating. We recieved great treatment from everyone.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the hotel has basic, clean and comfortable rooms. We had a king bed that was very comfortable, a plasma tv on the wall and a nice rain shower in the bathroom. We stayed in room #9, i would recommend it bc it's bathroom was larger than some of the other rooms. The rooms are small but it had enough room for a small table, 2 chairs and bed. The maid service came in twice a day and was quick.
The pool and outdoor bar area is very small but charming. I didn't get in the pool but others did, you can even turn it into a large jacuzzi. The bar service is good. The bartender was out of mint for my mojito but it was not a problem. cold beers relaxing by the pool reading a book.... I sat back and said to myself, this is the life. Very relaxing.
The hotel restaurant was very good for breakfest. My wife had room service twice and said the pizza was really good. i had some great beef tacos poolside. We had a rehearsal dinner in the restaurant one night and the food was really bad that night. I think that comes with the territory of a preset menu though. When I ordered directly from the menu, i was pleased.
The price of our rooms was about $175 a night, not the cheapest but it was well worth it to us. Again, because the wedding party was here and we had the run of the place, it was a lot of fun to just hang out and chill with our friends.
The hotel was very accomodating of our special requests. one night around 1am, i wanted some food and there is a little vendor on the corner of the street, the vendor only took pesos and i didn't have any. the hotel gave me the equivilent of 15 bucks in pesos and just put it on our room tab. it was very helpful late at night.
The hotel also accomodated the wedding party with a great cocktail hour poolside. Great way to enjoy a early evening.
All said, I have no complaints of this hotel. We had a great time with great friends. If i ever make it back to San Miguel de Allende, I will stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nfrasercolumbia
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 30, 2011

What a pleasant experience! From warm service, to impecable rooms and a LOVELY pool, my family and I loved El Meson. SMA is definetely my favorite weekend spot when visiting Mexico City, El Meson fullfilled and surpased our expectations. Every single detail to make guest feel pampered has been taken care of , Nice job from the management team! Thank you Alfonso, Carlos & Luis Angel :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Ivonne33
BOSTON
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The hotel and pool are more than we expected. Also, the restaurant was fantastic with food and service. Everyone at the El Meson Hotel is so friendly and helpful and could not be more helpful. Rooms spacious, exceptionally clean and with robes. The pool is heated and breakfast by the pool was the best. Next visit we will stay longer.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FRANK R
Merida, Yucatan
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The hotel is wonderful, cozy and charming. Everything is thought out to the most minimum detail to make your stay comfortable and unforgettable. The staff is friendly and ready to attend your every need. As a matter of fact, they make you feel at home. The kids loved the pool and the terrace area next to it which is ideal to relax after a walk through beautiful San Miguel. Really, we were so happy and at ease there, and everyone was so wonderful to us, that we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank makech
Ilikemexicotoo
Reviewed July 3, 2007

Please note that the first review is for a hotel in San Miquel, not the one in Patzcuaro!

All the creature comforts in a hotel that has maintained it's architectural integrity.

No swimming pool, no bar, no restaurant, but wonderful rooms, continental breakfast, a glorious patio, and gracious hosts, all located 4 blocks from the main plaza of fascinating Patzcuaro. I've stayed there 4 or 5 times since it opened a few years ago, and continue to be delighted each time I'm there.

• Liked — Architectural integrity maintained
  • Disliked — nothing negative
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ilikemexicotoo
uk
Reviewed February 3, 2007

Location is OK, but something terrible happened, we ran out of water in the morning when you have to use toilet facilities, shower, etc. This my worst experience in a hotel, and worst thing of all nobody to help, nobody who said sorry, we ended up taking water from the swimming pool to flush the toilet....gave some minimum discount for the inconvenience.....they should improve their service, never ever coming back.....

Stayed February 2007