“My Dream Wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Hacienda Las Trancas
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My husband and I held our wedding at the Hacienda...a couple of paragraphs here cannot begin to express how wonderful the entire stay was. With Kelley's, help we managed to rendezvoux two families from different parts of the globe-England and New York! The ceremony was gorgeous beyond belief, the D.J (recommended by the owners, fabulous), the fireworks spectacular and the food...amazing.

The Hacienda's swimming pool was a big hit with the families-especially those with children. The horse riding was an even bigger hit-the trails were interesting and tailored to individual needs and requests. The that I spent at the Hacienda is, and I am sure will always be, one of the true highlights of my life. A wonderful, romantic and unique place to hold a wedding!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 2, 2010

After nigh onto 2 years of planning and waiting for this trip to materialize, my extended family - My two brothers and sister, our & their children and grandchildren - 30 of us from Hawaii to Norway - congregated at Hacienda Las Trancas on June 21st for a 6 night stay family reunion in celebration of some special birthdays - 75, 70, 65 and all the other 27, down to almost 2. It was the perfect spot for renewing acquaintance with family not seen for several years and meeting the newest members. (5 year old twins, one toddler). Many family gatherings at our age (the seniors in the group) are weddings where the parents of the bride and groom and the bride and groom themselves may be too fraught with nerves and busy to enjoy the occasion or funerals, which no one enjoys, so this was a chance for all of us to gather with no worries. All of my very high expectations were met and none of my husband's reservations about blistering heat, boredom or menace from drug gangs were even remotely on target.

Our only glitches were flight delays but the staff at the hacienda even left out a meal for the 10 coming from Milwaukee who had to be rerouted so many times that they didn't arrive until midnight. Late lunch was also left in the dining room for those wanting an extended visit to the nearby hot springs one morning.

The hacienda is for those who want to spend time together and plenty of space to spend time apart from each other, but not for those looking for a seaside resort atmosphere. Tranquility reigns as you'll see from all the previous enthusiastic reviews. Those who wanted day trips, took them. Those who wanted spa services, indulged themselves (One of my nieces decided she'd try an eyelash extension - Who knew such things existed? - and our daughters-in-law decided to follow suit. Many of the females got fancy decorative toenails ). Both men and women had wonderful massages. (One of the men even had 4!) Those who wanted to watch the World Cup soccer/futbol games had flat screen tvs to do so. 400 videos were available for kids to watch. Those who wanted just to read quietly had hammocks, tables in the courtyard, comfy chairs and sofas in their rooms and living rooms (Nearly all rooms are suites with separate living rooms.). Those who wanted to sit around by day or night chatting and drinking wine, had plenty of space in the gallery to do so. There was a small fridge there too for storing beer and soda bought in the two shops across the plaza. We had margaritas each night before dinner (a treat, along with wonderful chips and guacamole upon arrival and on our own tab thereafter) . A bell rang for meals and our toddler grandson was allowed the thrill of ringing it one evening. Those who felt the compulsion to exercise (Not me!) had use of a large exercise room with lots of machines of one sort and another. Those who wanted to ride had 12 horses and the services of Juan Antonio as guide. One of our sons hired 4 ATVs for a full day and had a wonderful time with his family gallivanting about the hills.

The meals, as mentioned by others, were outstanding, served on beautiful Mexican pottery, which provoked several trips into Dolores Hidalgo on pottery shopping expeditions. There was freshly squeezed OJ every morning, coffee ready at 7:30 in the dining room for those who liked a cup before the 9 a.m. breakfast and many people wanted (in vain) to bring home jugs of the salsa verde served at supper. My brother and sister-in-law went into San Miguel for 3 cases of wine and we ended up buying another 3 but the Hacienda has a selection available if you don't want to bother doing that. Our toddler was catered to with earlier, special meals though then joined us at the table and gobbled up the Mexican food too. (Under two's are free but even so he got all sorts of special attention.)

We took a Scrabble game, cards, poker chips, jigsaw puzzles, coloring books in case the younger contingent got bored, which never turned out to be an issue, so we never even opened the puzzles. The Hacienda provides some games too.

On Wednesday night we had a mass birthday celebration with mariachis, cakes, an ice cream wagon, tables set up under an awning in the fountain patio, lots of flowers and to top it off, as night descended, a fabulous fireworks display which had the children gazing with open mouths and the adults duly impressed too.

The pool is small so not for lap swimming (You can go to the hot springs for that.) but wonderful for playing ball and other water games with the kids. They loved it.

The generations mixed; the families mixed; everyone did what he or she wanted to do or didn't do anything they'd prefer not to. It was the perfect way to spend a family reunion.

As mentioned by others, the staff is superb. A new addition, Sue, is totally bilingual, lovely and as helpful as can be, as are they all. No need for me to repeat what others have said, but I second all the compliments.

The rooms are impeccable and though there may be a random mosquito, the beds have mosquito nets. I wasn't bothered. The mattresses are very comfy and the freshly ironed sheets terrific. The decoration of the rooms, which in themselves are unique, some immense and some merely large, is wonderful attractive and cozy. Each room is special and different from the others and everyone loved their assigned quarters.

Since adding any more would be repeating the accolades written by earlier visitors, I'll just end by saying it was a week that realized every dream I'd had of how the holiday would go.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2010

My family stayed at Hacienda Las Trancas for a week prior to my brother's wedding at the hacienda. The food was absolutely delicious, I haven't been able to eat Mexican food since returning to the States because I know it just won't measure up. Do go on a horse ride if you are able, the scenery is stunning, especially if, like me, you've never been to a semi-desert area. The rooms and the inner courtyard of the hacienda are beautiful and well cared for. The town itself is very small and the neighbors friendly, many of the people who live in the town are some how connected to the hacienda so your patronage supports a network of people, not just the hacienda owners.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank catchoo
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We spent a week at the Hacienda with family and friends and got married in the garden on a Friday night. It was extraordinary, and a written review cannot do it justice. Upon arrival we were overwhelmed by the physical beauty of the grounds and the individual suites. It felt like walking into a movie set - and yet we became so comfortable that by the end of the week, we felt like we'd lived there for years.

The food was amazing - we're all still talking about it. So were the spa treatments!

The REAL highlight, though, was the service provided by the guest services staff, the housekeeping staff, and the kitchen staff. This isn't a hotel - it feels like a home run by a community of local people that pride themselves on creating a warm, welcoming, comfortable haven. One family in our group inquired about finding a babysitter for their toddler - the guest services staff arranged for three women to come meet the family and spend time with the baby, to give them choices in a babysitter. The kitchen staff made a special tea for some people that fell ill during our stay, and prepared separate meals just for the toddler in our group. One night we asked if half the group could eat in the dining room and half could eat on the patio by the swimming pool. The guest services staff said they'd never done that, but would be happy to set it up - and a couple hours later we were dining by the pool surrounded by luminary candles and a beautiful buffet of gourmet food.

With regard to planning the wedding, the staff worked incredibly hard to ensure that everything went smoothly and stayed within our budget. The festivities played out exactly as they had described they would, and in many cases surpassed our expectations (for example, the fireworks show!). We had requested a lot of help with transporting our guests to/from the airport and back-and-forth to Dolores Hidalgo, and the team of drivers at the Hacienda did an exceptional job.

The greatest testament to our experience in Las Trancas is that many people from our group, including my husband and I, are already planning our next trip to the Hacienda.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We were due to get married in May at the Hacienda. due to the swine flu, we had to postpone, not surprisingly there was not much availability so we jumped at July. I simply cannot do the Hacienda justice, neither can the website, You have to see it to feel the warmth, the beauty, the comfort........I could go on and on, but you must go and see it for yoursel. You will not regret it. Kelley was our wedding coordinator, and all my guests have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. It was everything and more that we could have dreamed of.

Maybe one of the best things, is from the moment you step in through the huge doors, you actually feel like it is your home. The staff are the most welcoming and professional staff you could imagine. Myself and my now Husband!! are in the hospitality industry, and we would love to know Stephen and Kelley's secret, how do they do it??? excellent staff are hard to find, but they have them all under one roof?? we now live in Mexico permanently and would love some lessons,

I felt so much at home, that i was actually rather upset when I saw another couple were due to be married there the following week..........I mean how did they find it??? Know about it??? Same as us, from the website I guess. Although it is understandable a popular wedding venue, it isa not commercial, and whilst you are there, trust me you are the only guests ever to have stayed. that is how they make you feel. We will forever carry the memory of our wedding, and the whole week with us. we have a very very extended and complicated family, and nerves and stress levels were at the highest when I arrived on the Monday. Kathleen and Ita knew just what and How I was feeling. within 5 minutes, every stress had dissapeared, I suddenly felt like I could hand them anything and they would take care of it, including my family dynamics!!

Please please go and visit, if you choose to get married there, I promise you will have an unforgettable day and week.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank taravgray
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We were invited, as a family, myself, my husband and two daughters, one age 21 and one age 17, to a wedding that was being celebrated at the Hacienda Las Trancas. My girls, form the time they got the invitation were excited beyond belief...the original invitation was for the end of May (which was then postponed to the end of June, due to the many swine flu
scares that were circulating at that time). I myself was a little bit more reserved...I have travelled but not extensively and truthfully the idea of going to Mexico was a big deal. I could not understand why a young couple would want to get married in Mexico when they could so easily do it in New York (for their own convenience and for that of their guests)...but we accepted the invitation and we came.
I will not go into too many details because the other reviews have already done that very nicely...I would just like to comment on our impression of the Hacienda Las Trancas and the incredibly wonderful feelings it stirred in all of us...feelings of awe, delight, warmth, comfort, luxury, friendship, food like we have never tasted before and feelings of joy and happiness and togetherness...so far from home and yet...we felt so very "at home"in this wonderful place.

The suites were simply to "die for". Comfortable, spacious and decorated with such
authenticity to the place itself...it felt like we had acquired this wonderful two room residence (and no, we did not want to leave it).
Each morning when we stepped out from our suite into the courtyard (which I will call the "Mexican Garden of Eden) we stepped into the sound of birds, the beuaty of the blossoming flowers and trees and saw butterlies trying to land on blooms as the sun
filtered through the bushes and trees creating a hazy, beautiful garden). We wee often tempted to just lie down inthe (many) hammocks even before breakfast.

The meals, eaten at the longest wooden table I have ever seen, in the dining room, were a culinary delight. Everything made from scratch from the freshest produce, delicious mangos and papayas served with meals and one just left the table after ever meal feeling not only satisfied...but spoiled. My daughters are both a bit finicky in their eating but here...they ate like there was no tomorrow and enjoyed every bite.

We took a few trips outside the Hacienda...with experienced and very talented and
personable drivers ...and though we enjoyed our trips out...coming back to the Hacineda was something we relished...and the sound of Yolanda's (the absolutely most wonderful chief cook) dinner bell was just music to our ears (and comfort to our stomachs).

We enjoyed watching DVD's on the player in our suite, enjoyed horseback riding, dirt bikes, and swimming by beautiful candlight and when we returned to our rooms at night the courtyard sported candlelight and serenity that was soothing to the soul.

I can't describe in words how wonderful the actual DAY of the wedding was (all I have so far spoken of was the days leading up to the day of the ceremony and reception)...the wedding was the most beautiful one I have ever attended and for my daughters, i believe, a wonderful and most unique "picture" of how special a weeding can truly be.
From the romantic feel of the rose petals that were scattered everywhere...to the beauty of the fountain that flowed in the courtyard...to the Mariachi Band that played so beautifully...the entrance of the "tequila burro", the beuatifully decorated and lit up wagon that held homemade icecream and sorbet, the delicious food and Tres Leches cake that was simply "other-worldly" in it's goodness...the attention to every detail that was given by the staff...to every guest was simply incredible. It WAS the most beautiful wedding i have ever attended and the atmosphere and beauty of the Hacienda is almost indescribable...but I hope that I have at least given a small indication here of how wonderful this place really is.

I cannot recommend it highly enough but I hope...that many more will see past the trip here and turn a deaf ear to the "swine flu scares" of which we experienced none...no one got sick, no one truly had any adverse reaction to food or water (water is all filtered and safe) and within our group...we all had an absolutely wonderful time.

So thank you Michael and Julianna (the groom and the bride) for finding this plpace and for "sticking to your guns" even after the postponement of the date...I would not have wanted to miss this for the world.

Thank you the owners, to Kathleed (our hostess during our stay), to the office staff and the kitchen staff, to the drivers, the stable staff and just anyone that we encountered there - for they were all helpful, knowledgible, courteous, kind, friendly and warm and seemed to really care that we were having a good time and that all our needs were met.

Muchos Gracias and i hope to return again someday (soon ;-) !!!!)

Doris Emmett & family

Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed July 10, 2009

The hacienda is beautiful. The rooms are spacious and the decor showcases the local art, crafts and culture. There's a variety of activities and services available such as horseback riding, hot-stone massage, heated pools and jacuzzi, ping-pong, mountain biking, etc. All of the rooms have the modern conveniences of flatscreen TVs, cable & dvd players. Wi-fi is available on the premises.

The traditional Mexican cuisine provided at mealtimes are a treat for the senses. Yolanda, the head chef, is a delight. As a matter of fact, all of the staff are warm, friendly and skilled. I would recommend it for weddings, reunions and other family and friends events.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends