Hacienda Las Trancas
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
See available hotels
    Average 3/5
      • Restaurant
      • Room Service
      • Restaurant
      Meson de la Fragua(Guanajuato)
      View Hotel
      All reviewshorseback ridingdolores hidalgodream weddingmy wife and i were marriedhot springsan exceptional jobentire placespa serviceschurroskelleyhammockspinatamargaritasfireworkspickleballbeautylas
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed March 1, 2011

We spent a beautiful few days at Hacienda las Trancas. The peace and quiet were priceless, the food was truly wonderful, even for picky raw food people like us. The room was spacious and had such beautiful light and the courtyard and gardens are colorful and kept very neat. Sra Yolanda, la madre de la cocina, has a smile on her face all the time. Lovely place; lovely people. Muchas gracias a todos!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
      Reviewed October 26, 2010

Wow! I hardly know where to begin. Hacienda Las Trancas is a magical place where everything -- the beautiful setting, the huge wonderfully appointed rooms, the amazing authentic food, the extensive amenities, the hot stone massages, the day trips and most of all the incredibly warm and efficient and wonderful staff --comes together for a truly special week. Susana, Rocio, Gerardo, Yolanda and everyone else made us feel like royalty and like family. The two special events they planned for our party of 19 (complete with bands, cakes, a pinata, giant sparklers and fireworks!) had us middle-agers acting like kids again. There is so much to do, a week is not long enough. Words cannot adequately describe the specialness of this place. I'm already planning my next visit!

Reviewed October 23, 2010

When we first visited in 2007, we walked into a dream. I'll never forget turning onto the road at Las Trancas and the feeling I got when the pavement ended and we pulled into the plaza and up to the door of the hacienda – a little apprehension at the lack of a grand entrance mixed with the excitement of knowing there would certainly be more. But I couldn't have imagined how much more.

Three years later, I arrived with a different kind of apprehension. The first trip was like opening a gift and exploring it's contents. What would this place be like the second time, without the initial surprise? We had 17 friends with us and I wondered if they would have the same experience. Within minutes, I was completely at ease and enjoying the sight of the hacienda again through their eyes.

I can't express my admiration of and gratitude for the staff. Rocio, Susanna and Gerardo run it like clockwork, without sacrificing peace and tranquility. And their modesty is humbling. Their smiling mantra is "Sure, no problem." Yolanda and the kitchen staff are incredible. Read any review. The spa staff are professional, kind and completely at your service. Alejandro is always ready to take anyone anywhere. The entire staff is extraordinary. I don't think I'm a particularly demanding person, but I know that what I get is often less than what I would like. Our group had its share of requests and every time the response exceeded my expectations. Every time.

The hacienda itself hasn't changed much in 3 years – the garden is more lush, the four new rooms are beautiful, the spa is, well, full most of the time, at least with our group. Overall, there seems to be a dash more refinement, though. It's subtle and I can't put my finger on the change. Although "casual elegance" is still the best short description I can come up with for the place and experience, it's shifted slightly more to the elegant side over time.

I can't recommend Hacienda Las Trancas enough. The bigger the group, the better!

Note: A lot of American tourists have been turned off by Mexico over the past few years, first by swine flu and now by drug cartel violence. The apprehension is due mostly to media coverage and travelers to this area of Mexico should know that it's as safe as the US. We have found the Mexican people to be genuinely kind and friendly to Americans, when other destinations might be becoming less so.

1  Thank CMLN
      Reviewed October 18, 2010

Our large group (19) spent a week at the hacienda and, to a person, we agreed that it was the trip of a lifetime. The accommodations are incredible, the food spectacular, and the hospitality of the staff was genuine and comforting. This is a special place--just go!

Reviewed October 1, 2010

I've used Trip Advisor many times to plan trips, but have never reviewed. Hacienda Las Trancas is so special that I almost didn't want to review for fear that the secret would get out, but it's too wonderful not to share. My husband and I and a group of 25 or so of our family and friends gathered at the hacienda for our wedding this fall. The week was so relaxing, it felt like a home away from home. Everyone enjoyed their trip and it gave us an opportunity to spend quality time with people we don't get to see often and everyone was stress-free and smiling the whole time. It was wonderful. Each room is impeccably decorated, the staff is welcoming, the food is great, the grounds are beautiful and the trail rides are not to be missed. You are a little far away from town if you want to hang out in San Miguel, but we rarely felt like leaving...in fact I wish I was back there right now. The wedding day itself was one I will never forget and was exactly what I wanted. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple