We're in a grade school playground, not a hotel. This is a very small hotel, only 12 rooms. For our first three days there were 100 third graders and their teachers from Mexico City staying here. When they left, another large group arrived. They gather in the central courtyard and start screaming school chants at 7AM.
The breakfast is terrible. There is no coffee in the reception area as advertised.
The TV has NO English speaking stations. Most of the staff (including reception) does not speak English. There is also no heat, so the rooms are VERY cold at night and in the morning. There is construction going on, so there is hammering all day.
DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER STAYING HERE UNLESS YOU RECEIVE A GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE NO SCHOOL GROUPS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Monteverde Best Inns is a colonial style property located in San Miguel de Allende , Guanajuato , one street from the Main Plaza 5 , in the historic center . A Less than 1 kilometer are the Museo de Allende and Craft Market . El Bajio International Airport ( BJX ) 146 Miles and Queretaro Intercontinental Airport ( QRO ) Locate THIS is about 87 kilometers away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Monteverde Best Inns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Monteverde
- Best Western San Miguel De Allende
- San Miguel De Allende Best Western