1,072 results
All reviews nice hotel nice pool breakfast buffet is superior room balcony overlooking the pool family stay ping pong rooms are clean choose this hotel city square pleasant stay main plaza few blocks concierge sma gringo patricia
Reviewed December 6, 2010

They downgrade my reserved room and tried to make that look like a mistake. Don't trust them, they're tricky. The service are very slow, they receive more people than they can attend.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traveler2730
Reviewed March 17, 2010

the hotel is ok for a short weekend. is clean and the service has improved a lot (since the last time I was there - about 2 years ago). The pool is great for kids. The food is not that good but with all the restaurants around..who cares. The only major issue I found is the "sleep quality"...too noisy..you hear everything!..I was not able to get a nice rest at night.
About the Extra restaurant/ bar charges. I have to double check my account because somo "extra" charges were made to my room which did not belong to us...so...assuming "good intentions"...Watch out!.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank DEIN_VATER
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Hotel Real de Minas, I suppose is the best in San Miguel for its location, amenities and certainly for service. It has a large pool, great breakfast menu and very helpful people who could assist you in your city adventure. AWESOME place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Our stay was clean and comfortable. The hotel was much nicer than we expected with a beautiful garden including pool and play areas. There were a few minor things such as hearing other guests in the hallways and sometimes not enough hot water, but they were minor. The managers and hotel workers were pleasant and helpful and this gave us a good base to walk wherever we wanted.

We had originally planned on staying at another hotel but after seeing the hill to climb and not near as nice as Real de Minas, we were glad we chose the Real de Minas.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldwandererDenver
Reviewed January 4, 2009

A group of 5 families arrived to the hotel. I think the hotel is better than I expected for the price we paid. About 300 dollars per person in a double room for a 3 night stay including breakfast and dinner for new year. The remodeled rooms have double beds and white striped duvet covers. Tommy Flores organized for us like a bull fight (novillada) instead the bulls are very young , with mariachis and very good food afterwards. The waiters offered very good service. The breakfast, I must say is not very good, if you are a fruit and coffee person you will be ok.; there is a place for breakfast though just outside the hotel with homemade bisquits, and very good ranchero eggs , etc.
I must tell you the hotel is very very far walking distance from the plaza, but the taxis are less than 2 dollars. It is a very spacious hotel, center pool, garden, bull fight plaza inside the hotel, several meeting rooms that they gladly lend you to organize any distraction as a salsa class for your group. Staff is very friendly, food is poor in general ( new years dinner was not good) , the lobby is big if you want to gather by night opposed to hotels near plaza where there is almost no space for meeting your group inside the hotel. The beds were very comfortable. Some people complained they heard everything from the room nextdoor by the vents in the bathrooms. I didn´t. Good choice for groups except for the distance to plaza.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Titibert-Mexico