1,071 results
All reviews nice hotel nice pool breakfast buffet is superior room balcony overlooking the pool family stay ping pong rooms are clean choose this hotel city square pleasant stay main plaza few blocks concierge sma gringo patricia
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Hotel Real de Minas, I suppose is the best in San Miguel for its location, amenities and certainly for service. It has a large pool, great breakfast menu and very helpful people who could assist you in your city adventure. AWESOME place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Our stay was clean and comfortable. The hotel was much nicer than we expected with a beautiful garden including pool and play areas. There were a few minor things such as hearing other guests in the hallways and sometimes not enough hot water, but they were minor. The managers and hotel workers were pleasant and helpful and this gave us a good base to walk wherever we wanted.

We had originally planned on staying at another hotel but after seeing the hill to climb and not near as nice as Real de Minas, we were glad we chose the Real de Minas.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank worldwandererDenver
Reviewed January 4, 2009

A group of 5 families arrived to the hotel. I think the hotel is better than I expected for the price we paid. About 300 dollars per person in a double room for a 3 night stay including breakfast and dinner for new year. The remodeled rooms have double beds and white striped duvet covers. Tommy Flores organized for us like a bull fight (novillada) instead the bulls are very young , with mariachis and very good food afterwards. The waiters offered very good service. The breakfast, I must say is not very good, if you are a fruit and coffee person you will be ok.; there is a place for breakfast though just outside the hotel with homemade bisquits, and very good ranchero eggs , etc.
I must tell you the hotel is very very far walking distance from the plaza, but the taxis are less than 2 dollars. It is a very spacious hotel, center pool, garden, bull fight plaza inside the hotel, several meeting rooms that they gladly lend you to organize any distraction as a salsa class for your group. Staff is very friendly, food is poor in general ( new years dinner was not good) , the lobby is big if you want to gather by night opposed to hotels near plaza where there is almost no space for meeting your group inside the hotel. The beds were very comfortable. Some people complained they heard everything from the room nextdoor by the vents in the bathrooms. I didn´t. Good choice for groups except for the distance to plaza.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Titibert-Mexico
Reviewed June 30, 2006

We live in San Miguel but had to vacate our house due to heavy renovations. We stayed at Real de MInas and were very pleased. The room was spacious, the bathroom modern, the staff very efficient and attentive. The only negative was that the television only had Spanish stations but since there is satelite, I suspect had I asked I could have had English TV in my room. We are planning to stay here again and refer the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Flyer30254
Reviewed May 25, 2006

This hotel is listed as a 5 star establishment and indeed boats a pool etc. However, it is not 5 star as most of us would understand it. Like many Mexican hotels outside the capital, NO ONE seems to speak English which can lead to problems. My room certainly had a bathroom and air conditioning as advertised. HOWEVER, there was a lot of mould growing in the bathroom, and much grouting missing from the tiles. The basin boasted a large crack. The air conditioning was faulty. This meant it could not be switched off and operated on a nine minute cycle all night long - 7 minutes of loud humming, followed by two minutes wild clanging. Ear plugs and a pillow over the head could not blot it out, and a visit to reception during the night proved fruitless- no one there. In the morning when I indicated a problema, staff were indifferent until after a call to my tour operator in the UK. Mexico is not a gourmet destination for food, but I was pretty shocked that it was served (by very charming waiters) on badly chipped crockery. Given all the hygeine advice dished out to travellers this was a worry. Also the upholstery in the public areas was covered with cigarette burns!!!!!!!!! As I say, not 5 star as I know it. If you stay here revise your expectations downwards.

13  Thank Inspiration22790