“Acceptable”

Real de Minas San Miguel de Allende
queretaro
“Acceptable”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Location is superb, you are far enough from noisy main square but not too far, you can havea nice walk or take bus to downtown. Roomsare clean, pool is OK, and restaurant has good food, a bit pricy though..however you have superb options nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ranaqueretana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
DF
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

BAD EXPERIENCE

Stayed at this hotel 3 nights over a Mexican long weekend.
Booked it 6 months in advance for 3 people, asked if there was extra charge for 3rd person and reservations said no. When we arrived we were charged for the extra person ! "Hotel policies" was the explanation. So we asked for an extra bed and they sent a very uncomfortable cot - springs bounced more than a ball and needed help to get out because it sank to the floor !

About the rooms - poor light in bathroom and sink area, no space for toiletries, bad smell from toilet, mattresses lumpy, air conditioner made noises and stopped working in the middle of the (hot) night, would not turn back on.

Room service dinner only served up to 10 pm !

But all could have perhaps been overseen with service and yet they failed at this.
For a 5 star hotel it definitely lacks a lot !!!
For a 2-3 star hotel then it is ok.
Something to consider.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Suzanne H

Travelers are raving about these San Miguel de Allende hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I would definitely not recommend this hotel. the general manager was rude and violent never seen in my life in a property like this.
There are many many places in the area as well as beautiful but with kind and warm people managing it.
Just avoid going here.
Worst manager ever

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Tomfoster1979
Leon, Mexico
Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you are going to visit San Miguel de Allende; this magical town in Mexico has a wide variety of accommodations according to your choice in price, luxury and type of hotel. Hotel boutiques are very popular in this town but Hotel Real de Minas is both comfortable and inexpensive.
I have just returned from a family weekend stay in this hotel. I had stayed before in this hotel many years back and I was very pleased to see that the hotel has being kept in really good shape, the rooms were big and newly renovated. The pool is small but the water is kept warm, if you travel with children it is appreciated, they also have a kids pool.
The breakfast buffet is well balanced in food variety and flavors. Of course it is international but highly oriented into the Mexican cuisine.
The hotel is close to the downtown area and within walking distance there are plenty of restaurants if you want yo try different cuisines.
The check in staff are very friendly and the check in it self is fast.
All in all I think it is a good choice to stay in this hotel, good accommodations, close to the tourist attractions, restaurants, etc. Good value for your money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ely C
Ajijic, Mexico
Reviewed March 27, 2014

When I checked out of this hotel they owed me 1000 pesos on my credit card. The desk person checked with the desk manager and he told her they could not give me cash but would credit my AMEX card. I had this lady (Ana Cruz or Critz) put that in writing and sign it on my receipt, which is still in my possession. After 4 weeks with no credit received I emailed them asking them to take care of it. After another 3 weeks still no credit received and so I am writing this report to warn others.
The hotel is a large chain and the service overall is poor by Mexican standards. Before I arrived I checked TripAdvisor and learned of the problem with noise. The first room I was in was connected to another room by an interior door (locked) but the occupants played Mexican pop music at all hours which seemed to be right inside my room. I asked for another room and they gave me one. In this room I also experience the noises from the corridor as people walked by the door was not flush with the floor and noises came right through. The mattresses are hard and the bedside lamp gives little light. The pool area is pleasant but service is lousy. I gave up waiting for my drink. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ddharper
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went here for a day pass thinking of spending 1 night there but after the horrible service provided by the waiters in the pool area we certainly left and stayed somewhere else.

The day pass is quite unexpensive, just 70 MXP per person, it only gives you access to the pool and a towel but well, i wasn't expecting more than this.

When we first got to the pool area i asked a waiter for a menu, who rudely said that he would bring it...guess what, he never did. I approached to another waiter to ask AGAIN for the menu, but guess what, no one ever brough one. We just ended up ordering 3 beers, which were 40 MXP each, we payed with a 200 MXP bill, and we didn't get back all the change.
We were planning on at least having lunch in there, but the service was just terrible.

The pool is nice, the only bad thing is that the chairs are filled with rust and make them look dirty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PatricioGutierrez
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is very pretty with the central garden and pool. The rooms are clean and the bedding crisp and clean. For the rate, it is a very good value. Can't say enough good things about the staff - very friendly and helpful - most of them spoke good English. Try the guacamole as an appetizer - it is fresh and chunky - delicious!

Room Tip: Very old, so no elevators - try to get a first floor room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business