“Riding at 3 Señores-Great Experience!”
Review of 3Senores

3Senores
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: 3senores is the original Horseback riding Co. in San Miguel de Allende, (since 1996).
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Me and my girlfriend took a horse back riding trip with Mauricio (owner of the horses/stable) and even though we got there a lil late because we couldn't find the place (taxi driver just didn't know how to get there, it is pretty easy to get there actually!) and we waited for like 30 min until Mauricio came back from a trip and he kindly told us that was no problem for us to take the next trip, we spoke for a bit, he bought us some beers actually while we were waiting for some other people but at the end no one else came so we just took the trip along with him of course and what a great, awesome experience we had! The trio you take its in his ranch at the beginning and then you just ride in the area of the old part of San Miguel, you see amazing landscapes, you get to see and breath the beautiful nature and Mauricio gives you a very good explanation of the place, how to ride a horse in the most proper human way too, he is a very good person to ride a horse with ! Will definitely do it again and this time Ill come with more friends so they can see how great it is to ride a horse in San miguel and even help a good cause just like the animal shelter Mauricio runs.

Saludos !

2  Thank José A

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Mauricio's "3 Senores" is a first class authentic horse back tour. Close in, at the edge of San Miguel, next door to the train depot - makes for a convenient, fun, and easy going horseback ride experience - as Fine As It Gets.

Mauricio, a local, English speaking Native, is a youthful yet lifelong horseman, dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable equestrian adventure, for his trail ride guests. (And for you single ladies - he's quite the handsome, charming Vaquero !)

I was impressed with Mauricio's knowledgeable tour through the original old-town San Miguel (much prior to present San Miguel) with it's centuries old, first quaint adobe Chapel, the ride past the reservoir, and through handsome & humble scenic country side ranch properties.

The one and only Authentic and Original Horseback Tour: 3 Senores by ecuestre Mauricio.

Edward Baxter, Georgetown Texas, 13 March 2014

1  Thank Edward B
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I did a two-hour hike with Mauricio (and Baron and Adelita :-)) taking me to the outskirts of the town, including the original church "in the middle of nowhere" - not a place one would normally get to visit. The hike was wonderful, but I was even more impressed by the organisation of it all: Mauricio has an animal shelter for rescue dogs and horses and basically all the profits from the hikes go to taking care of these animals. The animals are healthy and well looked after, and Mauricio trains them with exceptional skill, kindness and genuine understanding of the horses' communication. This was the most meaningful activity I did on my trip to Mexico!

3  Thank Kiti S
Reviewed November 15, 2012

One of the most beautiful cities I've ever encountered in the world. Its UNESCO World Heritage rating is incredibly well-deserved. I could not put my camera down for 8 days! One of the most colorful towns I have ever visited.

3  Thank BuddysDad2012
3senores, Director General at 3Senores, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Hello !

We just got a review from you, giving us a 5 star. But i have a feeling that this review was for a diferent activity, since our service is not mention at all in your review.

It would be great if you came to visit us and then rate our activity to help other travelers !

Hasta pronto !

Mauricio Magaña
3señores

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Not sure what happened, but we made reservations. The guy told us to meet him at the train station the next morning. We double-checked -- train station? Yes. But nobody ever came. And nobody ever called us back. ???

1  Thank LornaDoone62
3senores, Owner at 3Senores, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Hello,

Yes i remember this reservation, There was no deposit paid for confirmation since we had spoken a couple of times over the phone. The first time you called me and the second one i called you to give you more details about how to get there, explaining that 3SENORES is located at the very small train station at the bottom of canal/calz de la estacion street, immediately to the left ( 5 meters ) of where the road crosses the train tracks. view link

http://www.visitsanmiguel.travel/listing/tres-se-ores-guided-horse-back-tours-4e79e6daa58fd.html ( copy and paste )

You can see the 17 horses as you are going over the tracks and a sign above the door that says 3SENORES.
Since you didint see the horses or spoke to anybody related to us, means you didnt get to our location.

The meeting time was at 10 am and i waited until 11:30am before taking the saddles off the horses .

Now i know it was a miscommunication. and i feel very bad knowing that you had intentions to come, since we were ready to go too. I was looking forward for this ride. You sounded like a very nice person on the phone.

Why didnt i called ?, i dont force people to come riding with me, i understand that sometimes they wake up and dont feel well or simply dont feel like coming anymore, so they dont call to cancel, so why make them feel worst by saying , we are still waiting for you !! Plus like i said, you didnt not leave a deposit so i wasnt expecting you to come if i had called. people do it all the time without deposit.

If you ever decide to try again , please let me know and i can personally pick you up.
hopefully then you will rate us better than TERRIBLE

Hope to see you soon.