“Good location but expensive for what it offers”
Review of Casa Rosada Hotel

Casa Rosada Hotel
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I were at San Luis Potosí having lunch one friday with some friends and she asked me if we could go to SMA the next day. I hadn't seen that coming so I hadn't made my research but our friends quickly made some phone calls and got us a room in this hotel. I must say it was probably the only hotel that had a king bed room available so we took it, after all it was just one block away from the main plaza.
Driving up to the hotel was no problem with Google maps, once there the valet parking took care of my car. We registered went to our room and yuck! What is this? We got room O (the letter not the number). It looks depressing, theres this rug in the middle of the floor that looks ages old, it has probably never been properly cleaned, the bathroom is smelly and needs renovation, the room has an old tv no flat screen hd. Not that we watch much TV but hey, for the rate they charge I would expect some amenities. Wifi is free but it just was sooo slow I gave up on it. Yeah, I know, you go to SMA and walk around all day, you only want the hotel to sleep and shower, but it just wasn't what I expected. Specially coming from staying at the Westin San Luis Potosí, the comparison is like night and day. Ok, so our rate included breakfast which was very good and large enough to keep us walking until late lunch. Checking in and out were smooth. The staff is friendly and helpful but I don't think I would stay there again though

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Homero M
Jose Manuel O, Gerente at Casa Rosada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Costumer, thank you for your comments about the services at Casa Rosada Hotel, of course you are right, the Hotel is an old building (1729) and it is not a reason to be uncomfortable. We are improving our services to have satisfied client so I am glad you've written your pesonal experience because that will be helpful for us.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel has a grand, old feeling with Mexican style courtyard. Rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and linens. We stayed in D with 2 double beds. Courtyard and area right outside our room was lovely to sit after a day of sightseeing; trees, plants, flowers ; well cared for and great place to watch the sunset and sip tequila. We opened the shutters and heavy curtains (bars on windows) to let fresh air in. The location is right behind La Parroquia, so close to center and Ten Ten Pie across the street. The care of the manager, Manuel, and his personal attention was above and beyond. He made attempt to speak to us every day of our 4 day stay; his kindness made such an impression on us. We found the Mexicans wonderful and caring and made our holiday so memorable. One note ; I think they could improve their breakfast that went with the room; juice or fruit, toast and coffee. For the price, a nicer breakfast would be in line.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Venusalberta33
Jose Manuel O, Gerente at Casa Rosada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you very much for your opinion about the services of Casa Rosada Hotel, we are improving our services because we know it is the best way to have satisfied customers, please, don´t forget to come back to San Miguel de Allende and specially to Casa Rosada Hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Casa Rosada. The rooms were beautiful with Spanish tile, the flowers and plants throughout the main public areas and little nooks where one could sit in private and watch the people passing by.
I was in a regular room (room #O) just off the outside dining. Although my room did not have a terrace, there were couches and chairs positioned just outside my door where I could sit and enjoy the outdoors as if I did have my own space.
Everyone associated with Casa Rosada, especially the manager Manuel Ortiz was very kind and helpful throughout my stay. Manuel frequently checks on his guests and assists them in any way possible.
Since the hotel is directly behind the Parroquia San Miguel Arcangel Church just off the main square, everything is within walking distance. Great location and wonderful people!
I will return to San Miguel de Allende and to Casa Rosada!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jose Manuel O, Manager at Casa Rosada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Maegan, thank you very much for your comments about the facilities and service at Casa Rosada Hotel. We are working hard to ensure that our visitors want to return to San Miguel de Allende and especially to our Hotel. Gracias.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Casa Rosada is located behind the Parroquia San Miguel Arcangel Church and near the Jardin in the center of San Miguel. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the room I had was very clean. The fun was discovering all the levels of the hotel--from the stairway leading to a roof with a great view of the neighborhood and the city to the steps leading up to a terrace with a restaurant surrounded by colorful flowers and trees where I had a fine breakfast. It was a perfect place from which to enjoy the city on foot. Museums, stores, art studios, restaurants; you can't go wrong. And if you are there around the Day of the Dead as I was, the square of the Jardin, a block away from the hotel, featured great music--formal and informal, parades, costumes, congenial Mexican families and intimate participation in an important Mexican holiday.

Room Tip: My room, "A," was quiet and convenient. Even though I was right next to a huge church, I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Jose Manuel O, Gerente at Casa Rosada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thanks for your visit to San Miguel de Allende. I am glad to know that you enjoy the service and hospitality of Casa Rosada Hotel and the City. I really hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We loved the hotel, the food, the staff and the location. We highly recommend it. It was a little pricey at $200 to $500 a night, but did not see the ones for $85 a night as booked already. They need to lower their prices to be competitive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jose Manuel O, Manager at Casa Rosada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Sharon you are right, Casa Rosada Hotel Boutique is the best located hotel in San Miguel de Allende, our restaurant offers delicious dishes and our staff is friendly with visitors. In our website you will always find a good promotion to come back to visit and enjoy our hospitality. Thank you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in this beautiful hotel and we had a great time... The staff are very friendly and helpfull, room nice, clean, good size, beds confortable, good shower, etc...
It is behind the main Church so you can do everything just walking.
For sure we are going to stay in Casa rosada next time we visit San Miguel ;-)) We totally recomed it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived, but I immediately loved the architecture and landscaping of the hotel, inside and out - not extravagant, but simple and confidently classy. Design elements like the stairways, arches, gardens, and multi-level terraces evoke exploring the twisting alleyways of the city, and the titular rosy stone walls glow beautifully at sunset.

The location is great - less than a block from the main square, pretty much central to everything. The room felt large but cozy, with nice dark wood furniture and stone tile. Service was friendly and professional (although they didn't have anyone who could speak English while I was there - but even with my terrible Spanish, I didn't have any issues). Overall, a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo