“A Perfect Hotel in a Perfect Location”
Review of Casa Rosada Hotel

Casa Rosada Hotel
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Casa Rosada is located behind the Parroquia San Miguel Arcangel Church and near the Jardin in the center of San Miguel. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the room I had was very clean. The fun was discovering all the levels of the hotel--from the stairway leading to a roof with a great view of the neighborhood and the city to the steps leading up to a terrace with a restaurant surrounded by colorful flowers and trees where I had a fine breakfast. It was a perfect place from which to enjoy the city on foot. Museums, stores, art studios, restaurants; you can't go wrong. And if you are there around the Day of the Dead as I was, the square of the Jardin, a block away from the hotel, featured great music--formal and informal, parades, costumes, congenial Mexican families and intimate participation in an important Mexican holiday.

Room Tip: My room, "A," was quiet and convenient. Even though I was right next to a huge church, I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Jose Manuel O, Gerente at Casa Rosada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thanks for your visit to San Miguel de Allende. I am glad to know that you enjoy the service and hospitality of Casa Rosada Hotel and the City. I really hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

There are newer reviews for Casa Rosada Hotel

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We loved the hotel, the food, the staff and the location. We highly recommend it. It was a little pricey at $200 to $500 a night, but did not see the ones for $85 a night as booked already. They need to lower their prices to be competitive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jose Manuel O, Manager at Casa Rosada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Sharon you are right, Casa Rosada Hotel Boutique is the best located hotel in San Miguel de Allende, our restaurant offers delicious dishes and our staff is friendly with visitors. In our website you will always find a good promotion to come back to visit and enjoy our hospitality. Thank you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in this beautiful hotel and we had a great time... The staff are very friendly and helpfull, room nice, clean, good size, beds confortable, good shower, etc...
It is behind the main Church so you can do everything just walking.
For sure we are going to stay in Casa rosada next time we visit San Miguel ;-)) We totally recomed it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived, but I immediately loved the architecture and landscaping of the hotel, inside and out - not extravagant, but simple and confidently classy. Design elements like the stairways, arches, gardens, and multi-level terraces evoke exploring the twisting alleyways of the city, and the titular rosy stone walls glow beautifully at sunset.

The location is great - less than a block from the main square, pretty much central to everything. The room felt large but cozy, with nice dark wood furniture and stone tile. Service was friendly and professional (although they didn't have anyone who could speak English while I was there - but even with my terrible Spanish, I didn't have any issues). Overall, a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank clumsy_plumsy
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We started out in a standard room with two beds after looking on the net. I didn't realize it was a holiday, I called from a block away and the staff was great at getting us taken care of. Rachel speaks great English and is very eager to please and she got us nearly half off the second night when we took their master suite. The master suite is amazing, the views of the city are unbeatable. Remember the hotel is connected to one of the main cathedrals and has literally the most amazing views. Don't let the ratings keep you from this experience for your family. The master suite is the way to go. We will always stay at Casa Rosada!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We had such high expectations and we were so dissapointed! SMA is such a great town and it is a shame that we had such a let down on the hotel! There are other alternative places to stay! Staff atittude is mediocre, service is about the same and the guest rooms are nothing like the photos. We really felt disappointed. Breakfast was good and location is great.
Guest rooms and bathrooms are uncofortable and very small.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vigilanteviajero
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I travelled to San Miguel with my husband and my brother and so was seeking a 2 bedroom apartment. Our apt was enormous and beautifully appointed. We had our own Terrace with the most amazing view imaginable. Set amongst pretty gardens and only steps from all San Miguel has to offer, this place is a must stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple