Tripadvisor
San Miguel de Allende
Post
Inbox
Search

“Fabulous Dinner Last Night”
Review of Le Cochon Qui Saute - CLOSED

Le Cochon Qui Saute
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At "Le Cochon qui Saute!" we offer an ensemble of heart-warming classic stews and dishes directly from our Grandmothers cookbook to your table. Using artisanal, time honored methods, we share with you the delicious experience of a classic Bistro meal. All our dishes are made from scratch with the finest ingredients. You may choose from our Delivery Menu, with dishes ordered from one day to the next; or from our "Chef at Home" Menu, where the Bistro comes to you prepared and served in the comfort of your own home. Merci! À bientôt...
Reviewed December 16, 2016

I've ordered from Yves many times but last night was the first time I did "chef at home." It was fabulous. I tweaked the filet mignon menu to my taste, substituted salad (wonderful vinaigrette) for the French onion soup. The mussels were delicately flavored, the beef cooked a perfect medium rare, the chocolate mousse some of the best I've had and the roquefort on the cheese platter magnifique. Yves helped me find the perfect wine and took excellent care of us.

Reviewed December 14, 2016

Once again Le Cochon Qui Saute delivers, pun intended. This time the wife and I ordered their "Poulet rôti au romarin", rotisserie chicken stuffed with rosemary, leek and Crimini mushrooms. As with all their roast chickens it also came with roast potatoes and carrots! The chicken was moist and delicious and the stuffing, potatoes and carrots, delicious as well. Once again we opted for their fantastic mousse au chocolat! Pick up the phone and give them a call....you'll be glad you did!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed December 14, 2016

We were more than very pleased with tastes and service! We received everything exactly the way we wanted it.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed December 13, 2016

Excellent French food for the family or guests! I love on the Roast chickens. Each has a different stuffing! Each is as French and as tasty as it should be!
I always order from Eve when expecting out of town guests. They arrive exhausted and hungry A hearty French roast chicken dinner with the scrumptious roasted vegetables,followed by the very best chocolate mousse ever is the perfect welcome. Salads,ratatouille, and soups are worthy considerations as well, specially if vegetarian or vegan friends are at your table as well. It's easy to add an order for them too.
Yeves is so much fun and so helpful! Once in a new rental I couldn't figure out how to turn on the oven! Yeves knew! .....And was willing ton get down on hands and knees and make it happen! I had orderd three roast chickens, double roast vegetables, mousse and salad for a dinner for six! We ate every bite! And of course: The Chocolate!
I would vary my selection as I am sure all offerings are worthy of consideration. But alas, the website it is not on speaking terms with my iPad.

Yeves also does private dinners in your hom for special occasions when you want to be your own guest!

Don't forget to order that chocolate mousse made the way it should be, no shortcuts! Maybe you'll get lucky and one of your guests will be on a diet!
Judith Hightower

Reviewed December 13, 2016

Love great country French food? Need to rest your feet from a day of adventuring in SMA? Le Cochon Qui Saute is more than the perfect solution.