“Top of the line!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

The food as well as the service was first rate! I passed by late morning on the way to meet a friend for a museum visit. The line was 6 people deep. So after the museum (BELLAS ARTES), we decided to have lunch there. What a treat! They serve breakfast all day, so I had huevos rancheros - unbeatable! My friend had the sopa azteca (tortilla soup) - best if any. Their coffee selection looked outstanding so we are going back tomorrow for breakfast. Don’t miss this café!!!!

Reviewed February 12, 2019

The food was excellent. The cafe is a series of small rooms so one feels like it is cozy. The service a quick and friendly.

Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

This place was highly recommended, so we walked here for breakfast. Beware... they do not accept credit cards. Coffee was delicious. I ordered fruit, yogurt and granola. My daughter had some egg white bowl, which she said was delicious. Prices are inexpensive. Service was good. It’s not fancy, but it’s a clean restaurant and great food. Highly recommend. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 3, 2019

This place is special. The food, coffee, and hot chocolate are all delicious. The service is excellent. There's a cozy warmth that makes me wish I could start every morning there. I went three times in a week and was sad to leave on my last day.

If you have one chance to visit, definitely get the cazuela. It's a bubbly mix of thin shaved potatoes, mushrooms, and delicious sauce, topped with an egg. They have a special way of poaching eggs here so ask for the egg on top to be poached.

The lavender latter, pour-over coffee, and hot chocolate are all delicious. They take their beverage program seriously and these are lovingly-made, carefully-created drinks.

The guava marmalade that they bring with toast and butter before your breakfast is so good. I wish I could have brought the marmalade home.

There's often a line out the door here. People start lining up around 8am. If you don't care where you sit, you'll be fine to arrive at 8:30pm and get right in. I was there in January and it was chilly in the mornings so I preferred to sit inside. I got there by 8:10 and was fine to get one of the four two-person tables inside. (There's also a room that's partially open to the garden. There's a beautiful garden with big trees. And there's seating on the roof.) If it's warm, you'll be happy sitting anywhere here. It's a lovely restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 28, 2019

We had an excellent lunch here. It is a busy place, so expect a wait. We went about 1:30 and probably got a table about twenty minutes later. It was worth it, though.

Date of visit: January 2019