“Okay food but lacks service and ambience”

Francesco's Restaurante Italiano and Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went there and each had a Caesar salad which was delicious The Past dishes were so so and fairly ordinary. the waitress seemed totally uninterested in us. I am not sure we will return again

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our group of 5 was looking for a dinner spot on a very crowded weekend evening. Luckily there was space at Francesco's. My husband and I split one of the best salads I've tasted in SMA (the one with shaved romano cheese) and I ordered the clam spaghetti...It was excellent!! I've had clam spaghetti in many Italian restaurants and this was a winner. Our waitress had many tables but did a great job juggling it all. This is a wonderful choice and we'll be going back.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Don't be put off by the smell on entering this establishment - it's the sewer (which unfortunately vents at the street right outside the door) - not the food. We were a party of four and all tried a different pasta dish. Pasta's and sauces were very good and the service was great - quite possibly because we were the only patrons in the restaurant, so can't judge the service when/if they are busier. Portions were quite substantial and I definately didn't leave feeling hungry. There is no terraca, no view, no live music, no parking unless you are lucky to find a spot on the street so don't expect much in the way of a romantic dinner. A bit of a damper was put on our meal when they served a bad (and I mean bad) house wine. We sent it back and the manager didn't offer another wine to replace it - so no wine with dinner. Also, while the meal and service were very good, neither was amazing and a recent and significant increase in prices is a little hard to justify. I think there are better Italian restaurants with more to offer in San Miguel in this price range so I'm not sure I would give this one a second go.

1  Thank TravellerJJS
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I really loved the food there but was put off on the last trip there when all entrees had gone up 40 pesos. A large jump at one time we all thought. It's decorated with posters of Rome, has a pretty bathroom, but that's about it for ambience. That said I may still go back, all of their chicken dishes are very good (chicken marsala my favorite), all served on top of freshly made pasta or they will substitute vegetables. Not terribly expensive but not the great deal it used to be. You won't need reservations if you go fairly early. Usually many open tables. I wish they'd do something........because the food is good. Next door to Cafe Monet.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Tried this Italian restaurant last week and fell in love- Had the Saffron Shrimp on angel hair pasta- Friend had Veal Marsala- Also some of the Fried Calamari- Everything was delicious- I live close by so will be a regular from now on- Very extensive menu-Traveled to Italy 3 times and this matches the food I had there.