“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

My husband, my son (1y) and I went flr lunch to "la parada" as it had good reviews. They did not have any chsirs for babies and were not that kind, but we decided to eat there because we were ver, hungry. Everything we ordered was delicious and they made a chicken breast for our son which was also very good. We truly recommend the pisco sour and all the food there.

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank kvk87
Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed May 26, 2019

We were not familiar with Peruvian food and chose La Parada on the suggestion of our B&B hosts. We were totally wowed. The decor is simple and elegant and I would say the same for the food. All the flavors were both delicate and complex. Everything was beautifully presented; the service was refined. It is not on a rooftop and you don't care - not eating the rooftop, right?

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank LRFoodFan
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

Very interesting south American food. Nice bar, interesting menu, very good service and reasonable prices. We had sauteed chicken livers in soy sauce...yummmmy!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank docox
Reviewed May 9, 2019

This is my favorite restaurant in San Miguel and the one I recommend the most often. Peruvian cuisine is one of the most popular up-and-coming today and I think it is because it is an intriguing mixture of South American and Japanese flavors. Something not to be missed at La Parada are the wonderful ceviches which combine marinated raw fish with various kinds of vegetables. Vaguely reminiscent of sashimi, but quite different and original. I often order two small and one large ceviche and that's it! Strongly recommended is the Contracorriente with salmon.

The main dishes are also wonderful. Be sure to try the Chino Cochino, pork ribs with butter braised vegetables and mashed potatoes. Melt in your mouth good.

There are lots of other interesting menu items, many of which I have yet to try because I am so hooked on the ceviches.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Bryan T
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I have eaten at twelve highly-rated "foodie" restaurants in San Miguel over the past two months, and my home base is in a top foodie city. La Parada was far-and-away my favorite (as well as my GF's favorite). Very fresh food, excellent presentation, unique Peruvian flavors. "Great view" dining seems to skew everyone's opinion of the quality of the meal. Here, no roof-top view; just lovely surroundings and a great meal.

Date of visit: April 2019