“Beth is the Best! Especially for kids.”

Leisurely Country Horseback Riding
$125.00*
Full Day Trail Riding with Hot Springs Tours from San Miguel de Allende
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Go at your own pace to enjoy the country side of Mexico through the river and up the canyon as well as sunset views. We pick you up door to door and offer various excursions daily for the beginner, intermediate and experienced trail riders.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have ridden with Beth twice now. She had the honor of being the person we trusted to guide my 7yo on her first trail ride on her own horse. Beth was an excellent teacher! She allowed my daughter the freedom to experience trotting and light galloping, but then also reined her in when necessary for safety. We had so much we went back three months later on a return visit to San Miguel! This time with the 2 year-old. Beth set her up with a vaquero to ride with her who was steady and calming. beth also works with the vaqueros to ensure you are fitted with the best horse for your skill level. And I haven't even mentioned the actual trail ride! breathtaking, peaceful and safe. We would ride with her again, and will!!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was quite nervous about horseback riding due to bad childhood experiences and this trail ride cured that fear. Beth and her crew are great for Nervous Nelly's like myself.. I had a very gentle horse and the trail guide tied my horse to his so I would feel more secure. By the end of the trail I was riding on my own and felt very accomplished.
Claudia

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband is an experienced rider and I'm a novice. This usually makes going horseback riding together is a problem. But not at Leisurely Country Horseback Riding. The owner, Beth was so accommodating! She gave me excellent support and instructions and rode with me throughout our 2.5 hour ride. My husband was able to alternate between touring the georgeous countryside with us and going off for galloping romps with Beth's business partner and Mexican Cowboy Cataleno. This was the best of both worlds for us! Beth is not only accommodating, but also speaks English and shares her love of horses and the Mexican ranch life with you. The price for the experience is extremely reasonable. I highly recommend adding this to your travel plans!

1  Thank Jean L
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went for a 2.5 hour ride with Beth, Catalina, the guide, and one other person. Beth picked us up from our hotel and we had a 30 minute drive to the ranch in Boca de Canada. It was interesting to get out of the city to see smaller communities. There were preparations for a fiesta happening in Boca de Canada and it was an interesting cultural experience to see all the people beginning to arrive for the event. The ride itself was great - the horses are well cared for and very sure footed. We ambled along with an occasional jog. It was fun to do a few lopes as well. The horses responded well to cues. THe ride takes one through high desert and the cacti were in bloom. Great views in all directions. THanks Beth and catalina for a great afternoon - good memories.

1  Thank ELIZABETH H
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Mexico to visit some family in Leon, GTO and came to San Miguel specifically for horseback riding. We decided to go with Leisurely Country Horseback Riding because of the great reviews and value (other ranchos seemed to be much more expensive for the same trails). After emailing Beth I received an almost instant reply. At first we decided to go with the full day of riding, but an unexpected even happened that caused us to only go with the half of a day excursion; luckily Beth was understanding. Beth picked us up right outside of our hotel and drove us to the ranch where her horses are located. Her and Catalino made us feel right at home and introduced us to all of their farm animals; including Beth's week old baby horse Bella! After a quick riding instruction (we are beginners) Beth, Catalino, myself, boyfriend, and of course their wonderful (and cute) dog Bom Bom left to see the breath taking views of San Miguel. Our trip was unforgettable, and never would had happened if it wasn't for Beth's knowledge of riding and great horses! Riding with Beth and Catalino is a must if visiting San Miguel.