“Family Ride and Ranch-style lunch in SMA”

Leisurely Country Horseback Riding
$125.00*
Full Day Trail Riding with Hot Springs Tours from San Miguel de Allende
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Go at your own pace to enjoy the country side of Mexico through the river and up the canyon as well as sunset views. We pick you up door to door and offer various excursions daily for the beginner, intermediate and experienced trail riders.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

After coordinating with Beth by email, she picked us up for a fun morning ride about 20 minutes outside of SMA. My wife and I and our 3 kids (5, 11 and 14) all had great horses, well mannered and well kept., and we enjoyed our trail ride through the dry river bed and up to a high vista point to oversee the canyon and SMA in the distance. We weren't sure how the little one wld do, but she had a blast tied safely onto her own horse, and led by one of Beth's team. After a perfect 2+ hour ride, we headed back for a homemade, ranch style lunch. The food and particularly the fresh fruit juices were delicious.

It was a special day at the ranch as a filly had just been born. The children got the chance to meet the newborn, which was definitely a highlight - for them and for Beth! Highly recommende while in SMA - Beth and her team are great.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Beth is an incredibly service minded and caring person who works hard to make sure everyone has a great day out in the Campo (countryside). From first timers to experienced riders everyone has an enjoyable time. It's a great way to get out of town and be in the incredible high desert.

You'll ride through rivers, on high mesas and look at huge vistas. The "ranch horses" are very sure footed and go at whatever pace your comfortable with. Beth's cowboy wrangler takes the adventurous and experienced for some cantering while Beth stays back with the less experienced. The standard is a half day deal but Beth has a variety of of options.

Over time I've ridden with all of the local operators and prefer Beth whenever I have guests in town.

1  Thank BeeJay45
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you visit San Miguel de Allende you need to stop and do this activity! Horseback riding gives such a unique and beautiful appreciation of why horses, farming, family and religious devotion are part of San Miguel de Allende rich history for more than +200 years. We went April 2013 dry season, the trip was filled with gorgeous western like scenarios. Beautiful ruins of chapels, livestock, and mexican farmers adorn the scenery during the horse riding. I am a new yorker and went with a venezuelan friend, never have done horseback riding and with the help of Beth and Catalino, we were riding our horses in no time. Beth and Catalino were attentive polite and very knowledgeable of the area. The scenery, horses, people were amazing, attention was top notch. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to make a good memorable vacation to cherish and remember in the future!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Before leaving for San Miguel for Spring Break, I booked a half day trail ride with Beth Kaestner of Leisurely Trail Rides and I have to say it was well worth it. Beth is friendly, funny and calm on the trail. Very safety concious. Perfect for us novices. We had all done a little riding before, my husband and I ages ago, and our daughter, more recently at camp. I wanted a gentle fun ride and that's what we got, and for a fair price. We also requested the comida (lunch) and definitely recommend it. A very generous, traditional Mexican meal prepared and served outdoors on the ranch.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Horseback riding has always been a tense/non lesurely/never safe feeling activity for me until the ride on March 29th, 2013 with Beth's LCHR Company. I went into it reluctantly, trying to be more open to horseback riding than I actually was feeling. A friend had suggested this activity to me during my SMA visit since she had taken an earlier ride with Beth's company and really enjoyed it.
Well it proved to be the calm, safe ride i was hoping for with emphasis on the scenery instead of the horse's out-of-control behavior that has scared the crap out of me in my past rides. Beth was extremely conscientious of what was happening at all times among all the riders and the horses and able to make any changes necessary.