“A Wonderful Outing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leisurely Country Horseback Riding

Leisurely Country Horseback Riding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Go at your own pace to enjoy the country side of Mexico through the river and up the canyon as well as sunset views. We pick you up door to door and offer various excursions daily for the beginner, intermediate and experienced trail riders.
Victoria, Canada
“A Wonderful Outing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

A highlight of my visit to San Miguel de Allende was a half day ride in the countryside. Although this was only a short distance from the city, it seemed worlds away in time. The countryside was stunning, even at the dry time of year, with magnificent, panoramic views of the canyon and surrounding area.

Beth, a founding partner of Leisurely Country Horseback Riding, and Catalino, a local rancher / cowboy, were wonderful hosts and guides. They shared stories and information about the people and area. They were sensitive and accommodating to the riding ability and comfort level of each rider. The horses were sure-footed, calm and responsive. The weather was the same as always – perfecto.

I appreciated having transportation (by vehicle) to and from our starting point, which was provided by Beth. There were no worries about how to get there which made for a stress-free experience. My only regret is that I didn’t have time to enjoy a second ride before leaving San Miguel. It will definitely be first on my list next time.

Edmonds, Washington
“Something much different from the Jardin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had great time in SMA itself, but doing a 2 1/2 hour ride in the countryside was unique. Just us two novice riders with Beth and local horse owner. A slice of life riding through local community. We called on short notice and she was very accommodating. More reasonably priced than others. Sent us great photos a few days later. My 24 year old, city-boy son said it was a favorite experience in Mexico.

Dublin, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trip Highlight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our group took the 1/2 day excursion which included a wonderful stop for an authentic mexican comida in a small village. It was the highlight of my 10 day trip. The horses were responsive and surefooted, the guides very friendly and Beth took great care of everyone, even the non rider in the group. The meal was delicious and the real deal - and the glimpse of rural life was enriching. I had a memorable experience and look forward to returning.

Japan
“Good way to experience the nature of Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Three of us took five hours ride to Rio Laja. Along the trail, we could see the nature of Mexico, like many kinds of cactus and other local plants. I think it is one of the most efficient way to experience the real Mexico. The business owner, Beth, was very friendly and safety cautious, and made us well took cared. One of us was the first time rider, yet he soon had enjoyed riding a horse. It is highly recommended for those want to try something a little bit wild!

Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was on my own for a couple of days visiting SMA and was keen to do some horseback riding on the countryside. I learned about Beth on the front desk of my hotel. Contrary to the other companies, she does not have a minimum of people for doing the ride, she just love to ride and will be happy to do it with you even if you are a lonely (experienced or not) traveler.

I loved the trails, the views; enjoyed the contact with nature and the horses. Always felt safe and really enjoyed the conversation with her and Catalino, the cowboy.

Great experience, affordable and authentic. Don´t missit

1 Thank el_xabier