“Great Thai...”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Wonderful addition to San Miguel. The Pad Thai with shrimp was fantastic...not just for Mexico, but for anywhere. Strongly recommend.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I got suckered in by a free-margarita coupon, and because I love Thai food. I didn't love this particular meal.

I had dumplings for starters. They were small, didn't have much filling, and were quite deep-fried. There were two sauces: a very bland orange sauce of some sort, and a few drops of sriracha sauce for burn. When combined, they added a nice flavor.

For the main course I had drunken noodles with shrimp. I de-veined the shrimp manually (yeck), and had difficulty with the noodles because they were broken into short pieces. Almost short enough to eat with a spoon, too short to curl around the fork. The sauce was tasty, but SALTY. Either salt or MSG, perhaps the latter. I drank lots of water afterward.

Margaritas were okay; they helped drown my sorrows.

1  Thank ViajeroPerdido
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place is a rare discovery, a little bit off the path but well worth it. the food , the service is excellent plus very nice clean restroom is rare in MEXICO. do try their amazing Pad thai and the Salmon curry.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This place has excellent home-made dumplings, chicken Pad Thai & great service. Not expensive. Will definitely recommend this place to friends.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I joined friends for another delicious meal at Orquidea Thai Restaurant. Service by multi lingual wait staff was, as usual attentive and friendly. We started with appetizers of spring rolls, both crispy and fresh with the perfect hot, spicy and peanut sauce. We split a main course of Drunken Thai Noodles (excellent) with a #7 (1-10) heat index which was delicious but next time we will tone it down to a #5 as my lower lip felt it throughout the meal, requiring a bowl of white rice to help temper it. Orquidea accepts the San Miguel VIP card which reduces the price for 4 people by 10%-

1  Thank Balidude