“Sneak in here about every 6 weeks.”
Review of Bhaji

Bhaji
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Greek Chef and I went again last evening.
Still terrific. Frank was not there, but the service was great!
Where might you get Shrimp Jalfrezi for US$ 9.33 (with not so great rice - I serve Tilda Basmati at my table)?
The garlic Nan is nice.
I had her left over Bryani for lunch - not the best I have ever tasted, but fine.
House wines are good and reasonably priced.
Make a reservation. 152 6439
Provecho.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Wonderful experience on my visits here. Took a friend who had never tried Indian food and is now a fan as well. Thanks Bhaji San Miguel! The place is cute and quaint, and service is top notch! They do not have Mango Chutney, a must for me, but the owner was kind enough to allow me to bring in my own jar.

Very, very good dining experience!!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This restaurant is not trying to imitate Indian food. The chef is making his version of Indian food and does a great job! The butter chicken is divine! So much flavour! Service was great. The waiter knows the menu well and was extremely helpful! We are going back for sure before leaving San Miguel!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Been to the place twice to give it the benefit of the doubt...
Both times I had the Chicken Tandoori, Tika Massala, an extra order of rice and an order of Naan bread... both times, the chickpeas were undercooked (felt like eating pieces of apple), the rice has this condiment that I can't stand (personal choice I know) which I think is tumeric, anyway the point is that I asked if I could have the rice without the spice (2nd time around) -- the answer was a flat "no" (no explanation). Then I asked if the chick peas were well done this time cuz last time they seemed undercooked -- the answer was "that's how the chef makes it"... Well, excuse me!!!... then the bill came to over $300 pesos (attitude included)... VERY expensive for what you get (really!) and you come out smelling like the food that you just ate (so plan on showering AFTER your date at this place).

The Naan was ok, the Tandoori Chicken was good, Tika Massala undercooked BOTH times...

I miss Indian food while in SMA, but not enough to put up with the attitude, the price tag OR smelling like you just worked in that kitchen...

3  Thank JackTrades
AdaQro, Owner at Bhaji, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We don't have Chicken tandoori on our menu. None of the dishes you mention that you tried have chickpeas. The only rice we serve that has turmeric in it is lemon rice. This rice is not severd with any of the dishes that you ordered.
The tikka massala was under-cooked? If the chicken was undercooked, then you just have to return it to the kitchen. I suggest not eating under cooked chicken. The massala part of the dish is a sauce, and can never be undercooked. That this happened twice to you is extremely unfortunate. You are the only customer in 5 years of my restaurants to have undercooked tikka massala. To have this happen to you on both visits is extraordinary bad luck.

I am sorry that you didn't like the smell of indian food on your clothes after you visited my indian restaurant. We do have an open kitchen, and that is where we cook our indian food.

I take your critisms on board. I find it hard to know what we can do about them since very few of them are actually based on dishes that exist on the menu. Maybe that explains the bad attitude you recieved from the waiter.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

WE had a very bad meal at Bhaji last night. The lasi was liquid yogurt, not the real thing which is made with rose water. The bread was dry. The korma had no relationship whatsoever to the real thing; they used potatoes and undercooked carrots and a tiny bit of cauliflower, the sauce needed raisins for sweetening and the mix of spices in an Indian korma was missing. The chicken tiki was also incorrect, not enough cream, a very strong and odd taste. large lumps of chicken instead of small and succulent pieces. The rice was lumpy and didn't seem to be basmati or jasmine. A very big disappointment.

1  Thank peggy c