Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Marveloso!

Marvelous! We loved our trip! Salvador from Globo picked us up at our door at 6:30. We went to... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Auroraam
Lincoln, Massachusetts
via mobile
fanastic

our first time to San Miguel and up in a balloo, it was amazing. great flying team. will do it... read more

Reviewed January 1, 2019
tjh411

Recommended experiences in and around San Miguel de Allende
from $95.00
from $150.00
from $100.00
More Info
All reviews rosewood hotel balloon ride san miguel captain homewood balloons silently height ponchos sma navigating perspective beauty
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Our ride was fantastic: Starting with a gorgeous morning and prompt pickup in a clean van by a friendly driver. When we arrived at the launch site, we immediately saw that this is an organized, professional crew. Eight crew members were inflating the balloons, two pilots were ready and waiting, and our flights took off quickly. We were quickly at ease in the air, enjoying our flight across San Miguel and eventually touching down softly to an awaiting ground crew. Pilots were informative as needed, but concentrated on keeping the balloon and passengers safe. The morning ended with a delicious included breakfast at Rosewood. As locals with visiting friends, we would have preferred a more 'local' breakfast -- maybe the terrace at Posada Corazon -- but I imagine Globos has a relationship with Rosewood and gets business from their guests. I'd suggest that on a private flight like ours, offer guests a choice of a few restaurants - or make it ala carte. The only place where Globos fell short was the advance communication with me. It took several rounds of emails for me to get all the information and confirmation I requested in my first email (private instead of shared balloon, VIP Club discount, etc) All in all, Globos is a fantastic experience which we'll do again with other visitors - but the advance communication was a little frustrating.

Date of experience: March 2017
2  Thank ChrisHOhio
Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

This morning at dawn I took a Balloon ride with the guys at Globo San Miguel. It was fabulous. Everything went like clock work. They were on time extremely professional and to boot included a post flight breakfast at the Rosewood Hotel. I was totally impressed!! I would recommend this company totally!!
Barbara Scharf
Brooklyn NY

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank barbara s
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Globo San Miguel is a well-run enterprise focused on safety and the enjoyment of passengers in the balloon basket. We were picked up promptly in town, driven to the launch site, watched as 4 workers efficiently inflated the balloon in about 12 minutes and off we went! It is a beautiful way to see the area, we were never very high. It was the first air balloon ride for the three of us. There is nothing to be anxious about! You are in great hands with these professionals. When we landed, the van was there to immediately take us back into San Miguel for a hearty breakfast at the Rosewood. I highly recommend this outfit - the operators are friendly, professional, courteous, answer any and all questions and focused on making our outing extraordinary. They succeeded.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Virginia B
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

This was our first hot air ballon ride and we absolutely loved it! I was initially a bit apprehensive about doing this together with my wife and 3 small children (including our boy who is just 2 and a half years old), but everything was so well organized and executed. Reservation process was very simple, just 2 emails and the trip was confirmed. Van pickup at the meeting point was on time and without delays. After a short ride and barely 20min after the pickup, we were already in the air! The ride was so smooth and comfortable and such a contrast to my ideas and fears about the unpredictable nature of hot air balloons. The sunrise over the SMA was stunning and the smooth ride over the town, the surrounding landscape, all the way to the lake area, was simply amazing. And after all of this, they took us to the Rosewood for a delicious breakfast, included in the price of the trip. Overall, could not give this operation enough praise. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank drdjhr
Reviewed January 17, 2017

My wife and I flew with Globo San Miguel in Oct. 2016 - our first time in a balloon! She was a little anxious before the flight but afterwards was totally pumped that we went! The flight was serene, peaceful, and yet exciting at the same time. There was never that feeling of leaving your stomach at the top of the roller coaster! And the views of SMA were fantastic! We went on a quasi-cloudy day and it was still phenomenal. Check the weather before you go - it can get a bit chilly! We'll be back in SMA in March 2017 and plan to fly with Gretchen and her crew again!

Date of experience: October 2016