Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience

This ride was awesome. the gondola was full but mostly quiet because we were all amazed by the... read more

Reviewed March 15, 2020
Becky T
Atlanta, Georgia
Stunning!

We really loved this experience. The team is super professional and the views are just stunning... read more

Reviewed February 29, 2020

from $27.00
from $56.42
from $85.50
More Info
All reviews balloon ride bucket list magical experience meeting point san miguel pilot crew balloons homewood clouds operator
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2017

Taking a hot air balloon ride was on my "bucket list", and the ride with Globo San Miguel did not disappoint. My daughters and I agree it was a highlight of our ten days in San Miguel. Our pilot was Jay, and his professionalism and years of experience put us totally at ease. Gliding silently over the city in the early morning light, watching the fog in the valley ebb and flow, was a magical experience. HIghly, highly recommended.

1  Thank gardensin02482
Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Since it was during the Christmas Holidays it was impossible to get a last minute reservation, but we really wanted to fly, so we went on standby status and got a call from Globo the night before flying. Glad we did, it was the highlight of the San Miguel trip!

We were fortunate enough to get to fly with Jay (the owner) himself. He is a very engaging guy and didn't mind my endless barrage of questions about ballon flight. He has been in the business 40+ years and most importantly it was evident that safety was his top priority.

Well deserved compliments to his flight crew as well.

A "must do" while in San Miguel!

Scott & Merry
Houston, Texas

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Although we made a reservation one month in advance and recieved a confirmation, they cancelled our flight the night before with no explanation or apology! The weather was wonderful, so that was not the reason. The day before our scheduled flight (dec 26) I had emailed, texted, and left messages on their two phone lines to inquire what time we should meet the next morning. Finally in the evening I recieved a reply that the flight was cancelled but we could reschedule several days later, which was after our departure date. We spent money on the hotel, the trip to town, and were informed so late there was no time to make alternate plans, a huge disappointment to us and our daughter! We were treated very poorly. Do not count on this company for good service!

2  Thank Lori L
Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

My first time in a balloon - and I loved it.

My sister was very nervous but was actually encouraged when we didn't get to go up on the first day, due to weather conditions. She was so impressed with our Captain and the whole crew that she agreed to try again the next day!

Extremely professional and friendly team - everyone worked very hard to ensure that our experience was a good one...and it was.

The flight was so smooth, it barely felt as though we were moving. And Captain Gretchen Kimball landed so smoothly, we could have been drinking champagne without spilling a drop!

Seeing the city of San Miguel de Allende from the air was a treat and watching the sun rise from above the clouds was an experience I'll never forget.

Loved this adventure and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Globo to anyone.

Monique Franklin
Kingston Ontario
Canada

1  Thank Monique F
Reviewed November 12, 2016

This review is coming from a man deathly afraid of heights. I faced my fear with Globo and the experience could not have been better. Calm professional and sympathetic staff made the whole morning so amazing and the 4 star breakfast was a bonus. Thank you Globo.

Date of experience: November 2016