“Beautiful hotel with excellent service”
Review of Hotel Nena

Hotel Nena
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Nena for 2 nights for a business trip, and not only was the hotel beautiful, but the staff went out of their way to find an interpreter for our meeting. The breakfast was fantastic, and the bartender on the roof terrace was funny and friendly, and made an awesome margarita! While not quite a business hotel, if every business trip could be like this one I wouldn't mind traveling for work more. There is no clock in the room, but fortunately I didn't have an early meeting, although if I had, my cell phone alarm would have been fine. The bed was very comfortable and the views from the second floor and rooftop were gorgeous.

Room Tip: The view from Maria is the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the Hotel Nena. I stayed for two nights in late January and could not have wished for a better place. The service (especially the manager, Carmen) was exemplary. The staff went out of their way to make sure I was enjoying myself and were very helpful. My room was large and exquisite, with high ceilings, a beautiful bathroom, and a very comfortable bed. It was cold the night I arrived and the staff had made sure to have the room heated before my arrival. The rooftop bar is a lovely place to greet the twilight - I won't easily forget sipping mezcal by the pool gazing over the lights of the town. I hope to return to San Miguel again soon, and I plan on staying at the Hotel Nena. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TKAMiami
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visit SMdA every year and we have stayed at many different Hotels and B&Bs over the years, but I have to say this is now our favorite place and we are happy to see it is rated so highly, it is well deserved.
We rented all 6 rooms for a family get together In Feb 2014, so we had the whole Hacienda to ourselves, the service was perfect, the breakfasts were great, and Carmen the hostess looked after everyone’s needs.
My favorite room is the Maria because it has a panoramic view of the Parroquia, the other rooms were also great and all are furnished beautifully with nice linens etc.
If you aren’t staying here, stop in and check out the excellent restaurant Calenda, the bar where they have weekend live music, and the rooftop terrace with pool and bar and panoramic view, if you aren’t staying here this time, probably you will next time. It is located just across from the Rosewood Hotel. Truly a great experience.

Room Tip: Maria has the best view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were finishing looking at venue options for our wedding through SMA when we ran with Hotel Nena. The huge wooden doors were open and the ambiance in the place really got our attention. We decided to go in and look around the place. Carmen immediately welcomed us and gave us a tour. We were blown away with the whole concept, the coziness of each corner, starting with the restaurant area, the bar, the patio and the rooftop terrace/bar with one of the best 360 views of the city. That same night, we knew we wanted that place for our wedding.
We were able to book the 6 rooms in the hotel for our families and during our stay we felt very well attended and pampered. Our home away from home.
The kitchen at Calenda restaurant is something else, mexican contemporary cuisine; we fully recommend this place for brunch, lunch or dinner.
We were more than satisfied with the all in all service and attention given at Hotel Nena. We are not surprised Conde Nast awarded this place Best Hotel in 2013. Very well deserved.

Hotel Nena will definitely be an unforgettable place for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We just returned from a 4-night stay at Hotel Nena. The property is gorgeous but avoid the Pilar room if at all possible. Contrary to the other rooms, it has a very small bathroom and it oddly laid out. Although it has a kitchen, it had no plates or silverware. There is nowhere to sit in the room except on the bed. Sounds and smells from the adjacent restaurant kitchen leak into the room. We asked to view a downstairs room and it was beautiful so on our next visit, I will definitely request a different room. The room rates include breakfast in the courtyard restaurant and our breakfasts were absolutely delicious. Carmen, the manager, and all of the staff are very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel but not the "Pilar" room.

Room Tip: Avoid the Pilar room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This hotel is the perfect place for a nice, modern and chic getaway! The service is extraordinary and the restaurant has exquisite food! They make homemade bread (mexican conchas) in the morning that is amazing! I defenetly recomend it! It is located very close to the Cathedral!

I have no complaints of this hotel! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Nena during the Christmas break for 2 nights. We booked 2 rooms for our family and both were beautifully appointed. Generous size bedrooms and large bathrooms with L'occitane amenities. Very comfortable beds too. We arrived Christmas eve and unfortunately the restaurant was closed for the break. We did manage to have a lovely breakfast on the day of our departure. It is in a great location with just a short walk to the main square and park nearby. The Rosewood is across the road where we had a fabulous Christmas Day brunch. Would love to return

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family