Casita de las Flores
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Matilda(San Miguel de Allende)
$323
$269
Hotels.com
Hotel Nena(San Miguel de Allende)
$215
Hacienda El Santuario(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$157
$98
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende(San Miguel de Allende)
$350
$315
  • Pool
Villa Mirasol Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
$94
$62
$95
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada(San Miguel de Allende)
$296
  • Pool
Casa Rosada Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)
$134
$112
  • Breakfast included
Casa Schuck Boutique Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)
$219
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Posada de San Francisco(San Miguel de Allende)
$77
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2010

What a deal this little B&K is! You will have a good sized room, excellent Internet wireless access, a kitchen and bathrooms and a courtyard in which to spend your leisure time.

You will step out into a real and safe neighborhood when you leave the casita. You will be only a block or two away from a bus or taxi; the neighborhood has a laundry, lots of Mexican bodegas, a bakery, restaurants, etc.

The others folks there when I was there were friendly and quite willing to plan a day excursion with me since I travel alone. The maids clean the rooms, bathrooms, courtyard and kitchen every day.

What I especially appreciated was the fact that the Casita's website is well-done, not overblown and definitely honest. And the price is truly amazing...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank CarolMaeRay
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Even though I arrived during the chilly season, the rooms have little or no heat. There is no common room or living room for guests and the kitchen is tiny and cramped. The telephone in the kitchen is very difficult for English speaking guest to use and worst of all - the actual owner of this place never showed up. The location is quite far from the central area in a poor, shabby area, - very dark at night and difficult even for local taxi drivers to find. I would definitely stay away. Judith Kurland New York

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
12  Thank JKurland
casitadlf, Owner at Casita de las Flores, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

I was not going to respond to this email, not dignify it with an answer, because i found it so incredibly negative, inaccurate and frustrating (and because my guests have told me nobody listens to the really cranky people.) But after more than a year, i see that i'd better respond, because people are finding this review "helpful." Please all you travelers, don't base your entire opinion of a place on the one or two cranky folks. Check out the average...it's far more accurate.

I am very sorry that Judith did not enjoy her stay. But here are the facts: We have heat in every room. Many places in town do not. We do have a common room, and while the kitchen is not palatial, it is not "tiny and cramped." It is in fact the room where so many of our great guests have shared meals and stories and become friends. We are in a middle-class Mexican neighborhood (which our website explains, as well as the distance from the town square). But the worst thing appears to be that I didn't show up? I am amazed. I have seldom met the owners at places i've stayed and never once thought to complain about it. Whether or not i'm in attendance, the Casita has made many people happy, and i'm sorry you're not one of them. But it's your responsibility as a reviewer to be honest and try to present a fair asessment. And i don't think you have.

Reviewed January 16, 2010

Our cab driver had no problem finding La Casita. While in San Miguel, all you have to say is PRIVADA DE LAS FLORES in Colonia ALLENDE, and they'll say its the one with a door with swallows on it.

Room was great, two double beds for the three of us. The garden was lovely and we made use of the hammock. The walk from La Casita was nice, but do make sure you wear comfortable shoes. It is definitely a good 20 minute walk into the main square. We enjoyed it very much though.

I agree with a previous post, it is a great place to meet others. Everyone staying here was friendly and we had some nice conversations here with others. Read the pamphlet the Casita leaves on the desk. It had some good advice on paying for a cab.

We resorted to a couple places on the main boulevard that served good inexpensive food. On one night we bought some of the charbroiled chicken with tortillas and salsa, bought a few beers at one of the tienditas near La Casita (way cheaper) and had a nice and relaxing dinner in the communal kitchen. We watched some spanish soap operas (not many channels available) and had a great time.

All in all, we had a very pleasant stay at La Casita and I am 100% sure I will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Sock_Billi
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I stayed at Casita de las Flores on Aug 14 and 15. The atmosphere was friendly and I met other interesting travelers. The rooms were clean, comfortable and colorful. I didn´t mind the walk into the center, but if you don´t like walking it coud be a little far.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2008

The flower filled courtyard and comfortable spacious rooms are the highlights. Shared facilities are convenient, and really not a hindrance. The biggest problem was the organisational aspect. All sorts of stipulations were made at booking with regard to transfer of payment and timing of arrival - the latter being hard to be certain of when one is travelling in a new country (to us). Subsequently, the instructions given to drive there were worse than useless, and attempts to speak to someone for directions were incomprehensible. When we finally got there we were told it was unfortunate and exceptional, although two other guests had similar stories. Finally, the sheet of recommendations has a strong tendency to favour places likely to be popular with the USA or expat clientele - there are less touristed places with a more authentic indigenous feel described in the guidebooks.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kingsgate