“I loved Casita de las Flores...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Casita de las Flores
Brownsville
“I loved Casita de las Flores...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I liked Casita de las Flores quite a bit and have longed to return but that hasn't been possible for me. It is not palacial, but neither are the charges to stay there very high. I found the fees very reasonable.

The garden home was clean, colorfully decorated and gardens well kept. The kitchen and dining area is not overly spacious but quite adequate. It was more than adequate when I cooked and shared my cooking and beer with other guests one warm afternoon.

Francoise Lemieux, the owner was wonderful. She did not have to, but she offered to give me a ride to the casita when she learned I would be arriving by bus and I'm glad I accepted, because Francoise is an awesome beautiful beautiful woman with an obviously true altruistic demeanor. I fell in love with her and the Casita de las Flores.

I look forward to returning one day!!!

Thanks for the hospitality Francoise, you and la casita are awsome...

Oscar, Brownsville

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Oscar T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Everything a responsible, independent traveler would want--comfortable, safe, cared for, nothing unnecessary. Hosts are experienced and responsive--and warm! Beautiful, situated with privacy--the casita was a significant part of what made our trip so nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank H L
Fort collins, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I selected Casita de las Flores because it seemed well suited for my independent travel style, good reviews, and pleasant photos of the place. I was not disappointed. First, the shuttle drivers for both services from BJX airport to San Miguel de Allende know exactly where to drop off guests, and will call ahead to make sure someone is there to greet them. The manager/hostess Flor is a delightful, thoughtful person who was responsive to my emails before I arrived, helped me get an available discount, and was helpful in every way, including a little flexibility with room booking when my plans changed mid-visit.

For the most part, other guests were a welcome diversion, and included U.S., Canadian, and Mexico City travelers. The charming shared kitchen/dining area was pleasant to use, and each guest has a little segregated shelf and refrigerator space for their provisions.

The shared bath arrangement might not be ideal for everyone - during my stay there was unseasonable wet and cool weather that made a few late-night visits interesting (one must traverse an open courtyard) - but they are well-maintained and seemed adequate for the limited number of rooms.

The neighborhood provides many useful amenities, including a pharmacy, small tiendas, cooked meals, bus lines (if the 20-min walk to centro is an issue), a small panaderia, and others. A working-class area, it is distinctly Mexican, and I never felt uncomfortable walking about.

The rooms have a little desk/table, and offer optional propane heaters if one feels a need to take the chill off during the cool season.

Overall, I was glad I made this choice, and would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the blue door (opposite the privada entry) probably get the strongest wi-fi sig...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank staninco
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

This is a place that is difficult to classify. Most of the B&B I have used in Mexico are a house with multiple rooms. This is more like a hotel with individual rooms, a shared kitchen and bathrooms. You need to go into the courtyard to use any of the shared facilities.

It is clean, quiet, more privacy than many other B&B I have used. BUT this is not luxurious. The hostess is a nice lady, very helpful, and is around, but does not live or spend most of the time on the grounds.

So you are probably asking why the 5 star rating... For SMA, this is a great price and the hostess is very upfront with the details of the place. If you are looking for a clean, private place in a good location, with a kitchen to use... This is a great crashpad.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank dsingram
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Lori S
LOVED this B & K! Flor is a gracious hostess. Tasteful, charmingly decorated, comfortable, clean, private little haven. Easy to tour San Miguel de Allende from this spot. Bus comes by the front door, taxi is a half block away, or you can walk. Well equipped kitchen. Lovely courtyard with lots of greenery. Had a wonderful visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LorindaS54
Playa Troncones, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I so enjoyed our stay at Casita de las Flores that we are planning our return there for the coming week. It is so conveniently located to great restaurants and bakeries & shops, but not so far downtown that driving and parking are a hassle. The guide sheet provided by Flor, the manager, is great for navigating to all the best spots the long time locals call home. I liked the in room gas heaters for chilly nights and the courtyard is private and secure. There's a real neighborhood feel here for those who enjoy the "real" Mexico experience..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Recommended for people that want to experience a more real San Miguel in a nice, small and comfortable place....

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends