“Hidden Jewel”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Cancun, Mexico
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Awesome little, charming place, not touristic but favorite of many locals. The food is real Mexican and non-pretentious. The enchiladas, pozole and breaded chicken are the best.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gtovia

Rhinebeck, New York
“Unfortunate decline.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

With so many wonderful restaurants to visit in this town, when looking for authentic Mexican food, La Alborada is definitely not on my list anymore. Food doesn't feel fresh, and service is non existent, considering the owner is probably one of the worst hosts I've been greeted by. Prices have gone particularly high considering the quality, and quantity of the food, just go around the corner to Correo if you are really looking for an authentic Mexican food experience, similar prices, and ever so far away in the taste, service, and ambiance.

• Visited March 2014
Medellin, Colombia
“Sunny today, hot tamale”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I pounce on restaurants but not this one. Try the green sauce tamales. Yum. Die hard Mexico City critics will admit these are special. You get a plate of four for 80 Pesos. The pozole wasn't as good as I'd hoped but the service is unfailingly courteous. The side sauces are profound.

• Visited January 2014
Orange, California
“Authentic mexican food”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went on a Weeday, late afternoon. Small restaurante with good service. My mom had the pozole, it was piping and good. I had tostadas. A shredded beef tostada and a pickled pig feet tostada. So good. The pig feet meat was chopped up, vinegary and clean. The tostadas were huge. This restaurant is small, decorated very colorful. The service was good and those were the best tostadas I've ever had. They were huge!!!! And very flavorful. I would go here again. It was cheap also. And it was right around the corner from San Miguel de Allende's main square/jardin principal. I would go here again.

• Visited August 2012
san miguel de allende
“Un edible menudo”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I love menudo and upon recommendation from a friend I came to this place, my menudo meat is so tough that I can not even chew , I sent it back and ask for a pozole , the pozole was good but I had a better one in the market .