“Un edible menudo”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of La Alborada

La Alborada
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
san miguel de allende
“Un edible menudo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I love menudo and upon recommendation from a friend I came to this place, my menudo meat is so tough that I can not even chew , I sent it back and ask for a pozole , the pozole was good but I had a better one in the market .

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Pozole on a Chilly Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Sometimes when the wind blows and the temp drops, nothing beats a steaming bowl of pozole. When it's from a lovely little place right around the corner from the jardin, frequented by locals, at a reasonable price and nicely served, I feel happy to call San Miguel home.
Pozole, either with pork, beef or chicken @60p. Nice glass of house wine @40p. Chips, two salsas and we were good to go for $15 plus tip.
Will return to try the Sopa de tortilla and the Cafe de olla.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank boomersooner5154
“Surprising value right off La Jardin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This was my first dinner in SMA. I'm not wealthy. I'm not fancy. I'm in my 30s. I'm traveling solo. I love Mexican food. My college Spanish is coming back very slowly. This was perfect. My total bill for flautas pollo, arroz y frijoles and an Indio cerveza came to $9.26 USD. Tasty, effective food, unexpectedly close to the heart of SMA.

2 Thank Shooflypie7
Mexicali, Mexico
“Good mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Visited mostly by locals, this little restaurant is a hidden gem in San Miguel, it is really close to the parroquia near el jardin.

The menu is classic mexican food, nothing espectacular but the taste is really good. Prices are modest for what you get.

We tried enchiladas and milanesa, both were really good. Service is OK as this is considered a "fonda" not a full restaurante.

Give it a try, you will have a nice lunch or dinner at a great price.

• Visited October 2012
San Carlos, CA
“The Pozole at La Alborada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you want a really tasty, filling, wonderful lunch, go to La Alborada and get the pozole-- either pork or chicken; comes with all the sides, onions, radishes, etc... in a huge bowl, piping hot and delicious. I'm told by long time residents of San Miguel, that it's the best in the town. I can only say, it was the best I've ever had!

• Visited August 2012