“Tranquil treasure”
Review of Casa de la Cuesta

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Casa de la Cuesta
Reviewed November 15, 2008

A belated review. We stayed for 6 nights in August 2008 and wished that it could have been longer. The position of the guesthouse within easy walking distance of the town centre and in a typical and authentic Mexican area is to be commended. And then, going through the small wooden doors of the guesthouse and along the striking corridor display of masks and artefacts, one enters the large, open courtyard garden with the sound of running water, walls furnished with local art and sculpture and a great welcome from Heidi and Bill.
Our bedroom was stunning, with a large corner glass door that opened to a view of the city below. The furnishings created a rustic feel yet with all the expected comfort and quality that were seen throughout the house. There was plenty of sitting room both inside the bedroom and on the balcony and in other corners of the guesthouse. Lovely places to sit , drink, talk and re-charge the batteries.
Breakfast was an event with a range of fruits, yoghurts, eggs,and Mexican-cooked traditional dishes with sauces, breads, juices and jams. All served on a large table that encouraged the conversations and discussions that travellers enjoy. Heidi and Bill ensured good service and contributed to the planning of our days around San Miguel.
We were unable to stay for an extra night because of a large family event at the guesthouse but Hedi arranged for us to stay with friends across the road and we joined the family at Casa de la Cuesta for breakfat.
Comparison with other guesthouses in the town could not be made but we cannot imagine that anywhere would be ranked higher than Casa de la Cuesta.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ALEDW

Reviewed November 11, 2008

THIS IS THE BEST OF THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE CITY, I HAVE PROOF!!!!

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend here and were part of a wedding in San Miguel. I could waste your time describing what we experienced, but as all of the reviews describe, this is THE place to stay.
For our proof, we brought our friends from the wedding party over to experience how we were livin' and they were BLOWN AWAY!!! We did get the chance to see their hotels & B&B's as well and the final verdict: CASA DE LA CUESTA IS THE BESTEST. Obviously my English is not so good (as my Espanol). So please take our advice, stay here and you will be totally satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank sandeman
Reviewed November 6, 2008

Casa de La Cuesta is as magical and special as the town itself.
I have enjoyed staying there so many times that I have lost count.
From the delicious, authentic breakfasts to the breathtaking sunset views in the evenings, to the primo attentiveness of Heidi and Bill, to the charmingiy decorated rooms, Casa de la Cuesta fits the bill and then some.

Casa de la Cuesta is perfectly situated, close enough to town to make walks "down" and "back" easy, yet far enough from the busyness to provide a quiet retreat. I would not consider staying anywhere else.

Heidi and Bill are concierges par excellance. Their graciousness and knowledge of San Miguel and Mexican culture and history make your stay memorable.

Be sure to make an appointment to tour Bill's mask museum, as well as one to view the artisits' works that Heidi represents.

Book now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Casa de la Cuesta was just beautiful with true warm hospitality. The breakfast served were delicious. My room was so quiet and beautiful. It was 3 stories. I had my bedroom with a king size bed and a working wood fire place in my bedroom. Up the staires was my dressing room and my bathroom. Very spacious and decorated so beautifully. The third story was my own patio that overlooked San Miguel. We met wonderful people there from all over the United States. We would sit out at night around an outdoor fireplace and just visit and talk with our neighbors at Casa de la Cuesta and enjoy the view of San Miguel. So much fun. You have to go!

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Casa de la Cuesta is truly like a home away from home. The property is beautiful with fantastic views of the downtown and Parroguia and is within walking distance of the historic centro. Bill and Heidi are friendly, helpful, and some of the best hosts ever! They will help you with restaurant, shopping, and day trip suggestions and will arrange drivers as needed for side trips as well as your transfers to and from the airport. Additionally, they are very knowledgeable about Mexican culture and folk arts and can give you background information on everything imaginable. If all that were not enough, you will feast on a daily Mexican-style breakfast that is excellent. Will definitely stay there next time I'm in San Miguel.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 19, 2008

My husband and I travel exclusively at B&Bs, small inns and boutique hotels. Casa de la Cuesta represents one of the best of our accomodations. Its owners, Bill and Heidi Levasseur, are warm and gracious and generously share their love and knowledge of San Miguel. Bill owns a mask museum with over five hundred ceremonial masks. Heidi has studied many years about Mexican folk art and gives lectures to the casa's guests upon request. She has a small gallery in the inn.They go well beyond the call of duty insuring their guests a wonderful visit.

The inn is stunning! Its filled with wonderful treasures--Mexican folk art, paintings, masks, fine silk woven textiles, antiques, masks, and pottery. Every day my husband and I discovered something new and interesting. The rooms are lovely with much attention to detail. Some rooms have spectacular views of the city and the magical surrounding landscape. Unlike many B&Bs, there is ample closet and storage space. The inn is very clean and well maintained. The breakfasts are memorable!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slmmsw
Reviewed October 4, 2008

Casa Cuesta was more than i could have ever imagined. this was my first of many trips to San Miguel. My mom and I took the red-eye flight and arrived at Casa Cuesta exhausted and excited. after driving through gorgeous narrow cobblestone streets we ascended up above the town plaza to Casa Cuesta. Bill opened the door and as we entered we were absolutely captivated my his display of Mexican masks the artwork continued through every nook and corner of the Inn (as he also has a museum on premises). amazing!!! is all my mom and i could muster. after a lovely glass of wine we toured the inn and arrived at our room "Pajaros" the view took our breath away and we found it hard to leave every morning. The food was spectacular and my mother and I would have to roll down the street to the Plaza. We wouldn't have to eat until dinner. i was tortured with the aromas of fresh baked cookies coming from the kitchen, but i soon found out that they were for the guest and guickly descended to the kitchen where Bill and Hiedi's delightful staff were rolling and baking them. i enjoyed those warm traditional sugar cookies more then i can say. they brought me right back to my childhood, but there was no one to scold me and tell me i'd get a belly ache if i had so many. after all it is vacation. San Miguel is a place of magical festivals and friendly people. It is safe and has maintained the beauty of Old Mexico. i loved it and am already saving for my next trip. Be Advised San Miguel has festivals every month pretty much, there's fireworks and church bells ringing in the distance. it's all part of the magic and experience. Enjoy I sure did. ( thanks Marcel)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family