“What a find!”

Sabores y Salsas
Cuisines: Mexican, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: We ate at this restaurant last and again this year. The menu is prefix that varies daily. The price is 99 pesos and they do not accept credit cards. The food was great each time. The restaurant is know by the locals and this is how I learned of it. I have several pictures of the restaurant and the food that was served that I can send if you contact me.
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

How did I miss this place the first month I was here? I just love it and make sure to come here once a week at least. It is tiny, personal and just delicious as well as so nutritious. All food handled properly with no concerns ever. The 100 peso price is enough to take half home! if you can make yourself stop eating. She starts off with a fresh raw Julianne salad of mixed vegetables and greens and a healthy delicious dressing along with crunchy French bread and herbed butter. Then a delicious soup followed by a choice of 2 entrees. The dessert and sweet Mexican coffee is included and not to miss!

Visited March 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“A spot of magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Only 5 tables, but worth the wait... What a step back in time as you watch Chef Maria do her magic in this very small space... They plan a move to a larger space in late March..... The service is very personal and the food is delicious and very tasty.... The water served in a very large pitcher with a spice ( delicious infusion ). My taste buds said yes to another visit very soon... The fare is served simply and the menus changes daily...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 1940michael
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great food, intimate atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Based on TA reviews, we had lunch at Sabores y Salsas yesterday. We enjoyed the four-course meal, for only 99 pesos each. I ordered chicken in a sort of orange sauce, my husband had pork in a cream and coffee sauce. The meal was simple and delicious.,, a creative salad of fruit and lettuce, a creamy garbanzo bean soup, a dessert cake with chocolate sauce. The lemongrass tea, at no charge, was deligious.
I noticed, on the wall, that the chef also offers cooking classes in your own home.
Sabores is moving in March to Salida a Celaya, according to a sign on the door. The owner said the new place will be larger and more comfortable. The hours are 12-6 (I think), closed on Mondays. It would be nice if it would be open for dinner in the evenings.

• Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“A must visit restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had a wonderful lunch there with a friend in late December 2012. Warm decor, charming service, superb food and outstanding value. The lemon grass infused water at no charge was a much appreciated bonus.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Harold S
Sydney
“Great tasting, unique food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a delight for the taste buds! Great value for 99 pesos a person. Amazing tamarind salad dressing and great soup and main. Dessert was a bit disappointing... a scoop of napolitano ice-cream with some bear cookies. Overall, we probably wouldn't go back there as we feel we were rushed through the meal (and there is so much other choice in San Miguel). We were the only ones in the restaurant, and as soon as either myself of my partner finished one course, the plate was whipped away and the next course put down. Obviously, if you are in a hurry, it's great. But we were there to relax and enjoy. Then at the end they took forever to bring us the bill!

• Visited October 2012