“Garden Eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Via Organica

Via Organica
Cuisines: Mexican, Brew Pub, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dine in Via Organica's popular restaurant which features all-organic food, pizzas, in house micro-brewed beer and local organic wines. Recently named top restaurant in San Miguel and twelfth best restaurant in all of Mexico by Lonely Planet travel guide. Via Organica, is a non-profit organization that promotes healthy food and sustainable farming. Via Organica has a grocery store, restaurant, farm school and educational programs. Buy Organic. Buy Local. Buy Fair Trade. Venga, desayune, coma o cene en el restaurante popular Via Organica, que cuenta con todos los alimentos organicos, pizzas, cerveza artesanal y vino organico, recientemente nombrado mejor restaurante de San Miguel y el duodecimo mejor restaurante de San Miguel por la guia Lonely Planet. Es una A.C que promueve la alimentacion sana y la agricultura sostenible. Via Organica tiene una tienda de abarrotes, un restaurante, una granja escuela, y programas educativos. Compre productos organicos, locales y de comercio justo.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Garden Eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

A lovely little dining room in a small organic grocery store. Three of us had breakfast that was tasty and well-presented. I would suppose the ingredients were organic. I tried their beer sampler (four beers they had brewed - hey, it was a late breakfast!) and would recommend against. I understand the allure of beer making but know what you are doing if you are going to try to sell it. The atmosphere was pleasant and it was fun to watch the neighborhood pass by.

Los Angeles, California
“Great veggie burger, so so quiche, mixed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We've eaten there twice. It's a storefront, you're right around the corner from the produce dept, so atmosphere is just ok. First time they didn't have any veggie burgers, so I had the hummus burger, which was just hummus, so that was a little disappointing. And there was too much dressing on the side salad that came with it. The potatoes on the side were nothing special. Next time, I did get a veggie buger, no dressing on my salad, much better. My husband had the quiche and was disappointed. We shared a ginger carrot soup that was fantastic and could easily have been a meal in itself. So dishes are mixed, but I love that Via Organica is here, great grocery options and very helpful staff. They have dinner specials that people like, including fresh fruit margaritas. I don't see us going to a grocery store for dinner tho.

Guanajuato, Mexico
“Organic and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had lunch here. My veggie lentil burger was moist and delicious,and was service with a salad and fried potatoes. I tried my friend's dish which was croquettes of acelgas (Swiss chard) with quinoa in a red sauce -- that was my favorite. The restaurant is in the store where you can buy fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, bread, eggs, grains, sauces, oils... and much more. They are open until 9 PM, and the next time I go to San Miguel I will be sure to go and try their pizza or vegetarian lasagna.

Northern California
“Hidden Surprise in San Miguel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Via Organica is located in a neighborhood off the main road to Fabrica L'Aurora. It's a small
organic market with a cafe. We only had fruit smoothies, but they were delicious! I definitely want to return for a meal. The prices are very reasonable, too.

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food at an amazing price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We met a couple of people in San Miguel de Allende who recommended Via Organica, and even better it was only a few blocks from where we were staying. when we arrived there we were greeted warmly by the waiter who brought us a large jug of water without being asked. He then showed us the menu and explained about the daily specials. Both my wife and I had the Tuesday special: A choice of burritos (beef, chicken or vegetarian) with salsa, guacamole, a large green salad, a large glass of organic wine and dessert (Chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream) for $95 pesos each (about US$8)! Astonishing value and excellent food. We'll be going back another night to try one of their other specials.

Visited June 2013