“Disappointed”

Description: Mexican food Restaurant
Calgary, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had heard good things about this place so stopped for lunch. I was very disappointed in the meal, very plain, small portions, a few fries and some lettuce for a side and the chicken milenisa (sp?) was very salty. Not very good value for the price they charged. Service was OK, but not outstanding by any means. Seemed to take forever to get our meals. There are too many restaurants in San Miguel that are much better than this one. Don't think we'll give this one another try.

• Visited March 2014

Malang, Indonesia
“It was a superb experience.”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stopped in this restaurant for lunch after a recommendation was given to me by a friend in the Baja. It is a little bit outside of town but on a main road (Salida a Ceyala) and about a 12 minute walk from Instituto Allende. I had the grilled fish with tasty sides including cubed jicamas. The service was prompt and professional. I ate in the interior part of the restaurant, which has a nice ambience and impressive framed photos on the wall. There is also a small courtyard to eat that is shielded from the street by trees.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ajiijic
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Does kuni doni mean : wait of time.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

As I entered the so call hidden restaurant,I stood in front for about ten minutes until I was noticed by one of the waitresses. I couldn't believe the poor attention to detail. As I waited another ten minutes for my juice, I noticed that I was the only one in the restaurant. Wow! My lucky day. After another 20 minutes waiting , I noticed that I had but the worst excuse for a lunch plate I've ever seen. They should fire the cook, or who ever prepared my plate. The plate was but pieces of what they tried to put together as lunch. Looks like the scaps I give my dog! After I spoke to the waitress aout my plate she looked at me as if I were speaking Russian . I paid for my lunch and left in pity for the owner! How is that place still open for business?

Visited March 2013
The World
“We had a very good lunch”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Kuni Doni, Sustainable Living Restaurant, Salida a Celaya #24, San Miguel de Allende (SMA), Gto., tel. 415-185-8314, e-mail: kunidonirestaurante@gmail.com. The space inside Kuni Doni is very pleasant. Kuni Doni means "flor de cocina" in the Otomi language. We had an order of "Portobello al ajillo" (M$65), a jugo de zanahoria (M$22) and a San Miguel juice made of Naranja, papaya, plantano y fresas (M$25). All was very good and the service was good too.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank aledm
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Kuni doni, pleasant and tasty”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Kuni doni, located on the south end of San Miguel, has a lovely tucked away setting. Menu extensive, food tasty and fairly priced, with daily specials. We sit just inside to distance ourselves from the street. Full of plants, artwork and music.
Service is a bet slow, but who's in a hurry.
Example of last meal: Fettucini Alfredo with Ajo & Grilled Shrimp: 130 p. Cervaza: 15 p.

• Visited October 2012