“Beautiful, romantic and good service”

Luna Rooftop Tapas Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Under clear, star-studded skies, the Luna Rooftop Tapas Bar serves up savory authentic Mexican and Spanish tapas that can be enjoyed individually or family style. A tempting, casual place to linger after the day's pursuits, this al fresco setting presents breathtaking views of La Parroquia, the city and magnificent sunsets.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Good tapas, good wine and service.
Too bad... I have been served flat Champagne 3 times this includes the bar downstairs

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

360 degree views of the town, the Parroquia, and the sun setting over the mountains to the west made this our favorite place to be for la puesta del sol. The stars and the full moon added to the magic.

Though we went for the view, we were equally impressed by the food and the service. The inspired menu was a nice change from all the mexican food we had been enjoying during our monthlong stay in San Miguel. The flight of margaritas was delicious, my favorite being the tamarindo.

The white jacketed waited staff were friendly and attentive, bringing my wife and son blankets to swaddle against the chill of the night. We still carry that warm glow when we reflect back on our visits to the Luna Roof Top Bar.

3  Thank rbyrnes3
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We enjoyed our happy hour at Luna Roof Top very much. It was almost spring, very nice temperature and the place was full! We got a table quite soon, but to get service it took a little bit longer... Since we were not really in a hurry (and not so hungry) it was fine to wait, but otherwise we'd get stressed with the long waiting... The tapas were ok, but definitively the place itself is what makes the bar special!

1  Thank Miriam F
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had 2 women house guests and we had drinks there on a 2X1 for women night.

Nice venue, but

I make far better Margaritas and the glass of wine I had was mediocre at best - I'm currently working my way through a case of Alsatian Grand Cru Pinot Gris here at home.

Their treat so I have no idea what it cost.

The views from my 4 story house arriba por el tunel en Salida a Queretaro are far better. Well 3 of the 4.

We did have dinner after just down the street at the former Cafe Rama. Great cheese and a very good Arrachera. Their wine was an order of magnitude better.

I suspect this Rosewood property is devoted to Chilenos (con tilde).

1  Thank psmsmdagreyhound
Reviewed October 3, 2012

No other view like it in town...be prepared for the sky-high prices, too. Enjoy the sunset from here.