“A real treasure”
Review of La Mesa Grande

La Mesa Grande
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A hip bakery + cafe in San Miguel de Allende serving your favourite bread, pastries, salads, sandwiches and wood-burning oven pizza throughout the day. To complement our baked goodies, try a cold craft beer from Mexico, wine by the glass or bottle or sit down and join others in conversation with a delicious latte, cappuccino or iced coffee at La Mesa Grande! Now accepting Visa, MasterCard and debit, as well as your hard-earned cash!
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a fantastic spot for breakfast or lunch - wood-fired oven for breads and excellent pizzas. The also make craft beers. Could eat there everyday.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had the pulled pork sandwich on my first trip here and it was delicious! On my next visit I had a BLT and finally tried their renown item, the wood-fired pizza – yum! I must have had half a dozen pieces over the week I spent in SMA. Of course with pizza goes beer, and they brew their own. I decided to give it try and was not disappointed. I'll definitely return for more the next time I visit SMA. Thank you to Robin, Fernando and all the kind and attentive staff at La Mesa Grande!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The coffee, breakfast and croissants here are really good. This is a cafe with French-style food and good, rapid service; not very common in Paris! The croissants are a meal in themselves. La Mesa Grande has few negative reviews, mostly about the pizza. If any of these people knew how difficult it is to bake croissants this well, I hope they'd stop whining. The bread is fresh, crisp and worth taking home. The breakfasts are made to order and can be modified easily. Service is always helpful and pretty quick.

I have been here many times over a few years. I tend to visit SMA on weekends, so I selfishly wish La Mesa Grande was open on Sundays but I respect the needs of the staff for a day off.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We visited for the first time for the Pizza Night (Thursdays) because we mistakenly thought that was the only time pizza was available. Turns out you can get pizza any afternoon but Thursday is the only time they are open for dinner (and have real nice live music).

Everything was perfect, from the pizza (salami, bacon, spinach and mushroom), to the craft beer (house-made Pale Ale), to the service, room and music. Prices are fair for the quality of ingredients. We have found our new "go-to" place. Thank you!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

In the morning, when fresh from the ovens, their croissants and baguettes taste as good as they smell. Also pains au chocolate and apple/raisin tarts wonderful. Better take a long walk afterwards.